GREAT DAY at Matty on 12/22/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GREAT DAY at Matty on 12/22/09

Well the plan of the day this morning was for me to get away from work and meet up with Keith(hogie70) and hit Christmas Bay. Keith was at Mike Johnson's house(a guy who cleans our reels) picking up his reels at 6:00. Mike told him that they we're killing the BIG TROUT in Matty so you know our plans change real quick. I got away from work at about 6:30 and met Keith in Lake Jackson around 7:25 and away we went. We made it to Caney Creek launched the boat and was at the south shoreline by 8:30. We had the bay pretty much to ourselves with very few boats there. We wasn't there 10 min b 4 i had my first fish on green/char brown lure. Keith was about 100 yds from me when i saw him hook up. After that it just seemed like someone flipped a switch cause it was fish after fish. I don't know what they thought that green/char was but they liked it 2 day. It was about 11:00 when Keith and I ended up back at the boat and I had 7 trout with the biggest at 20" and Keith had 4 with the biggest at 22". I forgot to tell you that Keith was using his pearl/char. We were going to leave but Keith wanted to show me where Michelle caught that big trout at on the north shoreline. As we was getting ready to pass by Bird Island I told Keith that me and another friend killed that trout at Bird Island b 4 so we decided to stop and give it a try. I walked out untill it got about waist deep where I could still feel the mud and shells and wham another hook up. This time Keith was about 150 yds from me when I saw him hook up again and in a matter of about 1 hr. I had 3 more which gave me my limit and Keith had 4 more which gave him 8. We ended the day with 18 trout before 1:00 o'clock. Overall the conditions was great water was pretty and bait fish was out (mullets) jumping around everywhere. Keith told me that he and a few people were looking 4 a low tide and we got that 2 day. we were able to walk a ways out to that real soft mud on the south shoreline and there they were. Keith is going to post the pics up a little later today.

great trip.congrats!
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Great report, like I said on another post sounds like Matty is the place to be.
      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Nice trip ,i was out ther yest. also I got a couple of trout and a flounder kinda slow day for me.Sounds like im going to have to zip up michelle's lips if she is talking to much.LOL
        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Great trip guys, looking forward to the pics.

Comment

Yes we had a good day.. The only picture I have is with a cell phone.. I forgot the camera sorry here it is...
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

nice day and great trout
              Itching To Be Fishing!

Comment

Not too shabby guys!
                Don't be a Nancy!
                If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Great day Fellas! The tides were all the way back in today!
                  sigpic
                  Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
                    Nice trip ,i was out ther yest. also I got a couple of trout and a flounder kinda slow day for me.Sounds like im going to have to zip up michelle's lips if she is talking to much.LOL

zip me up? would have had to blindfold keith since he was with me when i caught her..lol
                    michelle

Comment

HEHE ok anybody else that rides with you wheres a blindfold .LOL
                      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by michelle View Post
                        zip me up? would have had to blindfold keith since he was with me when i caught her..lol
                        michelle
                        I took the picture of Michelle's Fish... LMAO That spot isn't really a big secret... There was 3 boats in the area the day we were there... Somethings are just best left unsaid...
                        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

awesome report and nice pictures!! we ll go soon

Comment

Thanks for the report and nice descriptive read !! Congratulations on the limits !!
                            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                            X