does this really work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does this really work?

surfing channels and saw this infomerical www.alumaloy.com. They say you can weld it with a propane torch....there may be life left in my old boat yet........anybody ever heard of this stuff or use it.
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

it will not work for repairing an aluminum boat, it is no where as strong as a heli arc weld.

Comment

Originally posted by gregr1971 View Post
      it will not work for repairing an aluminum boat, it is no where as strong as a heli arc weld.
      greg have used it before or know somebody that has. they say on ther website it does.......anybody else everyheard of this stuff.

Comment

I'd have my doubts too, but try it and let us know.
        Don't be a Nancy!
        If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

I've used stuff like that before on A/C's. It has a flux in the rod that makes it hot. But I agree it's more like a solder job rather than a weld. Might be good for a patch job and not a fix.
          --Hop

Comment

i mainly will be fixing leaking rivets and small holes in the future when i get the boat down here..thanks

Comment

JB weld works on rivits, trick is all in the preperation of the material your welding.
              "Team Waist Deep"

Comment

You would be amazed at the expense one would go throuh to sell a product......... HONESTLY, dont waste your money, if you use this stuff, you might as well use RTV on the rivets.

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
                they say on ther website it does.......

Comment

the little red box on the left will tell you it doesnt work......
                  Attached Files

Comment

Dang Greg-that is sooo freakin true!! If it says "As seen on TV" it's Bullchit. I got some Shamwow's the GF bought years ago-they are a POS also.
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                    X