• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Bay Pigs (Part I of II) - 12/18

Wind: 5-10 knots NNW
    Tide: Outgoing
    Water Temp: 50-53 deg F
    Water Clarity: Stained (<1 ft visibility)
    Water Depth: 2-4 ft
    Bottom: Soft Mud & Scattered Shell

Met up with AP at the Topwater Grill at 5:30am. Made a long and very cold boat ride across the Ship Channel over into East Bay in search of some winter-time pigs.

Idled around some mud flats with scatter shell until we found bait... of course in the winter, you just need to see one mullet to point you towards the trout. Anyway, we hopped out of the boat and made our way towards the only signs of life we saw.

Since the water was off color, I was throwing the brightest lure in my arsenal... pink/silver Catch 2000... and AP was chunking a red shad Corky Fat Boy.

I was the first to hook up. After I strung a couple of solid trout at 19" and 21", AP sensed that a change in color was in order. He put on a pink Corky Fat Boy and the trout didn't have a chance.

For the next few hours, he hooked up with some pigs but didn't land them all. The trout in the photo was just shy of 25" (released). He missed several more, including one that went at least 8 lbs.

I managed to string another 21" trout on pearl/chartreuse Corky Fat Boy and missed a couple more.

All in all, it was a great day on the water. Believe we landed 9 or 10 trout with the smallest at 19". Kept enough for a buddy of mine who wanted to give some fish to his mother, and released the rest.
    Attached Files

Very Nice! Thanks for the report!
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

very nice!!thanks for the report!
      Captain Glenn Stevens
      Coastal Guide Service
      www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

woops didnt read first post...LOL
        Captain Glenn Stevens
        Coastal Guide Service
        www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Awesome Report...!!! And some very nice pictures to boot, Thank you for sharing...!!!
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

nice pic's and good job on the share the fish program
            I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Awesome report guys.....I knew Pimp's been holding out! Had word that he was on em in East.
              sigpic
              Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

That big Trout I lost like to got my rod and reel . That fat arsed Trout knock the he!! out of that pink Corky. I think she got a 10' running start at it and hit it like a freight train LOL. Man I love it when they unload on suspended bait.

Good report Corey

AQUA PIMP
                AQUA PIMP......
                "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

You got that right,Thunk Thump!
                  10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Great report and catching!
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Nice job ceeque, some solid fish yall got there. I would be lost without that corky fatboy, last winter I did pretty good on bass assassins and corky devils...This winter its all been about the fatboy.

Comment

Informative and interesting read !! Nice pictures...congrats and thanks !!
                        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                        X