map of the texas surf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• map of the texas surf?

does anybody know of map or maps of the texas surf.......i'm sure alot has changed around this upper coast since ike......what i'm looking for is a map that shows breaks in the gut or channels between the guts.....is this just a pipe dream
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Personally, I've never heard of such a map. keep in mind that all the surf front changes since Ike will gradually change as the surf dynamics work it's will over time. You just have to do some recon by getting in the suds, looking and getting info from others who have done the same. I know the inshore area of the south jetty has changed alot. Who knows what it'll be like come spring.
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
      does anybody know of map or maps of the texas surf.......i'm sure alot has changed around this upper coast since ike......what i'm looking for is a map that shows breaks in the gut or channels between the guts.....is this just a pipe dream
      I know when the waters all blown out you can drive the beach on low tide marking guts with your GPS thats what sneekypete does he found a gut nearshore year before last that he landed a STAR trout out of she was 1 oz shy of winning it all thats the pig on his avatar he landed her in the dark at 4 am!!!!!
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
        I know when the waters all blown out you can drive the beach on low tide marking guts with your GPS thats what sneekypete does he found a gut nearshore year before last that he landed a STAR trout out of she was 1 oz shy of winning it all thats the pig on his avatar he landed her in the dark at 4 am!!!!!
        shh...thats why i like to be on the bay during a reel low tide i figured it would work for the surf
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
          shh...thats why i like to be on the bay during a reel low tide i figured it would work for the surf

it does work in the surf. just like the bay.

Comment

Working...
          X