1-2-10 Diversionary / Greens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1-2-10 Diversionary / Greens

Ran around for a bit yesterday -- mainly just checking things out -- didn't have a whole lot of time. The diversionary is still holding quite a bit of bait -- the entrance to the marsh there at the harborwalk bridge seemed to be the spot for everyone yesterday -- Probably 4 or 5 boats and 4 or 5 yaks. The tide was running out pretty hard and there was pretty steady action from what I could tell. Didn't see anything huge but I caught and released 2 keepers (probably 16 inches or so) in the short time I was there. Caught on a knockoff or a brown lure -- silver fleck with a red tail. Water temp was 52.6 and clear. Ran over to greens and went past the lake to the back. Didn't see near as much bait back there. Water was even clearer. Still 52 degrees. Didn't even get a bump but I didn't stay long -- my 8 year old was a popsicle by this time. The streaky spots 007 was drifting on out in the lake looked to be the most promising and there were quite a few pelicans diving, but my son and I were cold and losing light so we decided to hightail it back to the house. There was a FLEET of boats drifting around Meacoms -- hope they all got on em -- it looked just a bit crowded for me. Ya'll give em hell this week -- I'll be in Baton Rouge on a smokestack.
    Shut up and FISH!!

I thought that was you in Greens but you were just a little too far for me to tell for sure. It did get pretty chilly when the clouds settled in.
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
      I thought that was you in Greens but you were just a little too far for me to tell for sure. It did get pretty chilly when the clouds settled in.
      If I would have known it was you Mike I would have come over and pot-licked a little. Glad you guys found a few. I'm wearing warmer clothes the next time!
      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
        If I would have known it was you Mike I would have come over and pot-licked a little. Glad you guys found a few. I'm wearing warmer clothes the next time!
        Go to academy and get a $25 pair of ski bibs. We weren't in my boat, we were in Melon's 19' Shoalwater Cat.
        I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Go to academy and get a $25 pair of ski bibs. We weren't in my boat, we were in Melon's 19' Shoalwater Cat.
          I got a pair of those in the closet -- never thought about fishing in em.. good idea! Figured you had to be in that cat...good looking ride!
          Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Donna and I were in Greens yesterday with the same results. Not a bump and did not see any bait.
            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

oh dang you mean theres another cat out there?
              19 ShoalCat w/ 130 Etec

Comment

Originally posted by YellowCat View Post
                oh dang you mean theres another cat out there?
                There's 3 that I know of... Mell Wader has a nice rig.
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
                X