Big Bowhunt this Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Bowhunt this Weekend

I'll be headed down to South TX with a group from the Lone Star Bowhunter's Association for a late season Doe/Spike hunt. This should be pretty cool and I want to try and get the hunt or as much of the hunt on tape as possible. I'll be using my Longbow and some of my Medieval style arrows for the hunt so y'all wish me luck........
    Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

good luck derek!
    "Nobody's so poor that democrats can't get rich screwing 'em."
    boom

Comment

good luck

Comment

Best

Comment

Good luck!
          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Go Get him!
            10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Puncture a nice one!

Comment

good luck Derek
                MANVEL MOB

Comment

Thanks everyone! It's going to be Coooooooooooooooold this weekend, I just hope the ole bones will be able to draw my longbow in the cold.
                  Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

i used to be a card carrying member of the LSBA....good people. good luck and may your arrow fly true.
                    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Well pracitice the last couple of days has been rough. Ole fingers don't like the cold, and it is going to be even colder during the hunt. At least I'm letting the first arrow fly straight and that's all I'll need if I get a chance.

Comment

The time is almost here and no matter the cold, I'm ready to get after them. Will be leaving at O-Dark Thirty in the morning, hope to have a good report some time Sunday or Monday with some good video.......

Comment

It was way cold down there this weekend and the deer were moving. When we went out Friday afternoon to hunt in was already in the mid twenties. Saturday morning it was 9 and Sunday morning it was 14 down there. I saw a lot of deer but they were very jumpy and would come in too close. You could tell they knew were all the stand were on this place and stayed way out of bow range.

Sunday morning I did get one to come it at to 35 yards and decided to take a shot. I was using my recurve which is only 200 FPS and the doe bolted at the string twang and was way out of the way by the time the arrow got there. I had aimed for her to duck and it looked like it would have been a good shot if that was what she did.

The only deer I got on video was the one the first evening which stay out at 40+ yards. The rest of the hunts the batteries had ran dead or the camera wasn't in the right position to get the deer on tape.

Here is the link to the one clip I shot.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

The link in the above post isn't any good, here is the new one.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                            X