found a few NICE ones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• found a few NICE ones

Walked in today with my fish magnet, DPop again. Usually when I call him the fish magnet, it's because we go to some of my favorite spots and he catches the most enormous fish that I ever see. Today, he was more like the good luck charm. It was brutal cold, both water and air. Thankfully the sun was shining bright to keep my poor little fingers warm. We ended up catching 5 trout with 2 little ones, a 21.5 that weighed 4.5, a 23 that I didn't weigh, and the big fish of the day, we didn't measure the length, but she went just over 9 pounds on the boga. This was one of those days that we decided togo old school and hit a spot that is way west that we rarely ever go to, just never have been consistent here. When we find them they are always good, just can't seem to make this spot produce when we really need it to.

Well, it made a good end to my vacation, and tomorrow is back to an office and some electricity customers.

If you are wondering about water conditions, it was COLD!! Water had about 1 to 1.5 foot visibility, stirred from the wind, waist deep mud to shell transition. Most of the fish bit the pink fatboy in the picture, but I did catch one good trout and the rat red on the 51mr19. If you are wondering where these fish cam from........Keep wondering, Too many years of hard work to find this spot to give it away on the web. sorry.
    Attached Files
    http://www.theshallowist.com

Way to go Steve keep up the good work...!
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

nice catch steve.......heck i worked outside all day it was cold.......sure feels warm when your in the water fish'in
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

That is a nice fish Steve! Good job out there.
        Scott
        "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

The attachment did something different this time when I loaded it, does it open okay?

Comment

It opened OK for me? Nice Fish...!
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

nice trout steve.wondering where you caught it?nope.that's a great spot when the bait is there.
              TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Another great fish Steve

Comment

Awesome report Capt. Steve. I figured the fish would feed with the warming water yesterday!
                  sigpic
                  Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by FLAPPER View Post
                    nice trout steve.wondering where you caught it?nope.that's a great spot when the bait is there.
                    You are right. That spot is awesome this time of year. I was going to try there this weekend, but we are playing football instead.

Comment

nice fish.

Comment

nice work wonder what cove that was????
                        MANVEL MOB

Comment

Couple of things guys, no bait there, visible anyway, not one!! I don't think the water actually warmed at all, air temps stayed just below that of the water, it's just a spot that holds them during the cold months, well moderate and hot months too.... Don't worry too much about the exact location, but more the keys that make it good. It's very close to 6-8 foot depths, has lots of shell and mud, and is situated where boats don't often get close. Find somewhere that they don't have to get up and move because boats scare them with the other pieces of that equation and you might just find something to keep to yourself for 15 or 20 years....

Comment

Nice fish.Wish I was fishing and not working.
                            Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Nice fish way to go!!
                              Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X