shimano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shimano

I just got a shimano citica and its the best reel i have ever had or used. what is your opinion on shimano reels.
    Itching To Be Fishing!

I only buy Shimano, though I do own some Daiwa jigging reels. I am sold on there products and craftsmanship not to mention their warranty! My first two speed reel will be a Shimano. Look out TUNA
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I generally like Shimano reels. Have used them for years.
      Probably own 15 of them currently.
      Calcutta's, Curado's, Spinning reels, etc.
      My fav are the Calcutta's.
      Would recommend them to anyone.

Wish they would make their reels more corrosion resistant for saltwater usage.
      Also wish they would make the drag system stronger and longer lasting on the lighter weight reels.

I also wish they would come out with an ultra-ultralight line of reels. Itty-bitty stuff for small stream fishing.
      West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

Love the Chronarch!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Stradic Spin Casts I have the 1000, 2500, 4000 and 8000 series 2 or more of each (Great all purpose reel)... Calcuttas I got the 100, 200, 250, 400B & 700B. I love SHIMANO!
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

i love shimano... i got a curado 200e7 for christmas and it is awesome. shimano is a good brand

Comment

I love all my shimanos, 50mg is by far my favorite. I've never had to go to another brand because of how well they hold up in salt. Daiwa would definately be my second choice.

Comment

I don't think the Citica is their 'Very Best" reel but it is a great value. You get a lot of bang for your buck.

I fish with the older Citica 100's. It replcaced the bearings with ARB bearings and super tuned the reel and it extended the cast an extra 15'.

As far as casting the only difference I can tell between my Citica and my mg is weight.

Comment

I have 2 Core's, 2 Curado's, 2 Citica's

Citica's will send it and bring 'em back!!

Comment

I have used Shimanos for years and own 35 chronarch 100 superfrees, 9 Calis,2 core mgs, and 10 chronarch 100 and a few of the very old bamtam's.if you like the citica i would suggest a core or suck it up and get a calis.you won't throw anything else.

Comment

Rick, do you have a reel fetish?

Comment

Originally posted by Sneekypete View Post
                        I have used Shimanos for years and own 35 chronarch 100 superfrees, 9 Calis,2 core mgs, and 10 chronarch 100 and a few of the very old bamtam's.if you like the citica i would suggest a core or suck it up and get a calis.you won't throw anything else.
                        rick can throw a country mile with that calis.......its above my pay grade
                        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by only lures View Post
                          I just got a shimano citica and its the best reel i have ever had or used. what is your opinion on shimano reels.

curado and chronach.

Comment

have used curados for many years.
                            Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Shimao all the way

I have tried the top in reels from Diawa, Abu, Shimano. I currently use two Chronarchs, one Core and one 50Mg. The Core and Mg are my favorites in the bays and the Chronarchs for the surf and jetties. I use the 12lb Sufix Elite mono on all of them. I catch the bottom to often to use braid...........................
                              Fishwhisperer

Comment

Working...
                              X