neoprene wader problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neoprene wader problem

This morning found out that the front romm pipes were frozen so i was moving my fishing gear around and stuff and noticed a small rip in the waders just on visual inspection it doesn't seem to be through all the way.....is there any patch on the inside or out side that i can apply........some pipes are still frozen
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

No...use them to wrap your pipes! I don't know, but once they start you just never know. My advice, buy a pair of the cheapo Magellan breathables, and layer. Once you do, you'll never wear those neos again. Believe they're like $79.
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Go to the local dive shop and get some glue and patch material. They also make iron-on patches but the glue works the best. Wetseal glue and a neoprene patch.
      Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
        No...use them to wrap your pipes! I don't know, but once they start you just never know. My advice, buy a pair of the cheapo Magellan breathables, and layer. Once you do, you'll never wear those neos again. Believe they're like $79.
        thats funny.finally the pipes thawed out....gonna leave on until dark then cut the water off on the ike damaged house and drain water out of pipes.

Comment

Originally posted by RonE View Post
          Go to the local dive shop and get some glue and patch material. They also make iron-on patches but the glue works the best. Wetseal glue and a neoprene patch.
          thanks ron good advice.......... should i put it on the outside or the inside of the waders.

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
            thanks ron good advice.......... should i put it on the outside or the inside of the waders.
            Probably won't matter. If you can't find any neoprene for a patch, use the pocket inside the waders for the patch material if the cut/tear isn't too long.
            Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Comment

This morning found out that the front romm pipes were frozen so i was moving my fishing gear around and stuff and noticed a small rip in the waders just on visual inspection it doesn't seem to be through all the way.....is there any patch on the inside or out side that i can apply........some pipes are still frozen

FTU and academy got some waders repair kits that are real cheap and easy to aply. Just fix my son's waders with this product and worked real good. just bought a pair of simms and came with a repair kit, if you want it, PM me and you can have it.
              Good luck, and stay dry on this weather

Comment

Originally posted by sand-tarpon14 View Post
                FTU and academy got some waders repair kits that are real cheap and easy to aply. Just fix my son's waders with this product and worked real good. just bought a pair of simms and came with a repair kit, if you want it, PM me and you can have it.
                Good luck, and stay dry on this weather
                thanks for the offer sand-tarpon 14 save it for your son.......i wish i could get my son more interested in fishing.......anyways.....thanks for the info

Comment

thanks for the offer sand-tarpon 14 save it for your son.......i wish i could get my son more interested in fishing.......anyways.....thanks for the info
                  your welcome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
                    exactly!i've worn neoprenes all my life and i switched to the hodgeman wadelite breathables this winter.i will never wear neoprenes ever again.lots of room,you can wear plenty layers of clothing underneath.i would highly recommend the breathables.
                    TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Originally posted by FLAPPER View Post
                      exactly!i've worn neoprenes all my life and i switched to the hodgeman wadelite breathables this winter.i will never wear neoprenes ever again.lots of room,you can wear plenty layers of clothing underneath.i would highly recommend the breathables.

agree

Comment

i had a pair of breathables before they made me look fatter than i am.lol .......i out grew them .......i will get a newpair in the spring i ain't wading galveston bay complex without'em in the summer.......i grew up waders were for sissy and all.that was before the flesheating diease was televised.

Comment

Get some waders and paint vertical stripes on them - It'll have a visual slimming effect.
                          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Patch repairs can also be found at Academy.
                            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

goop marine glue will fix any waders
                              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Working...
                              X