stetsons rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stetsons rock

Waiting forgood weather conditions to head out to the stetso rock first timer.can someone tell me how many buoys are at the stetsons rock to tie off to

stetsons rock

I don't think there are any buoys... You'll want to drift fish anyways this will allow you to locate fish. Or you can bump troll or troll lines behind the boat. I've actually never fished there but want to one my way back from the flower gardens.

You can hold position once you locate fish bumping the boat in and out of gear too.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Thanks I heard some one say there are buoys or markers to tie to because you can't drop anchor

Comment

Originally posted by Sam1959 View Post
        Thanks I heard some one say there are buoys or markers to tie to because you can't drop anchor
        Who told you its too deep? Stetson rock comes up to like 55-80' below the surface.

It's only 200' all around it well within anchor range. Just make sure you have long enough rope.

Comment

Thanks for that information. Don't the guys name that was telling me that. I was talking to him at the Texas city dike. He said you are not allowed to anchor at the stetsons because of coral reef

Comment

He must have been thinking about the flower gardens.
            "Nobody's so poor that democrats can't get rich screwing 'em."
            boom

Comment

Originally posted by boom View Post
              He must have been thinking about the flower gardens.

x2

Comment

Thanks for that information. Don't the guys name that was telling me that. I was talking to him at the Texas city dike. He said you are not allowed to anchor at the stetsons because of coral reef
                Go ahead and anchor up at stetson and if they try to take you to jail, tell them a guy on WEA said that it was ok.
                boom

Comment

Originally posted by boom View Post
                  Go ahead and anchor up at stetson and if they try to take you to jail, tell them a guy on WEA said that it was ok.
                  YUP! LOL

Comment

Stetson Rock is 36 miles from the West Flower Garden bank.

Comment

I'm soooo ready to get out there!

Comment

Checked on this and you are correct. There is a buoy you can tie off too... Can't anchor I guess it's within a park. I'll have to get the full details but looking at a few comments and posts you don't want to anchor. A TPWD boat was there this past weekend keeping people from anchoring / making sure they weren't sorry for the bad early advice.

Comment

Thanks Coe!
                          boom

Comment

off shore

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
                            I'm soooo ready to get out there!
                            Yes me too iam ready to hit the stetson rock what can i try to catch at the stetson rock in middle or April

Comment

Working...
                            X