went fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• went fishing

i finally talked my self into going out with the yak this afternoon and im glad i did. i went out to texas city and yaked to the shell island off the dike. i only fished for about an hour and caught 4 slot redfish off of limetrues sea shad assasins. fish were agressive and were all released in great condition. not bad for just wanting to get out and wet a hook lol

Nice job. I bet there are a few fish in that hole
    Last edited by TTU Wader; January 13, 2010, 08:34 PM. Reason: sounded like a potlicker

Comment

Good to hear there are some good fish to be had.

However, they are safe from me till the water temp gets 65,......I have a mortal fear of paddle drip.

Comment

man, i went out in the yak with my buddy on diversionary canal today. only got a couple of rat reds. glad you had some good luck though!

Comment

Good report.....thanks!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Thanks for sharing your catch with us...
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

no problem. hopefully there is more to come

Comment

nice report... still thawin out...nice to hear somebody's catchin fish
                Captain Glenn Stevens
                Coastal Guide Service
                www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

man i'm jonesing to get out in my yak.......thanks for the report.
                  I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Thanks for the report

Comment

Good going out there, thanks for the report. Can't wait to nail a few reds soon.
                      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Nice work. I'll bet the fishing there is better with the dike closed.

Comment

Nice catching !! Where did you launch ? Last time I drove by there on a post Ike recon, they had a sign at Skyline drive stating that you could not procede any further onto the dike. Did you park on Skyline Drive and drag the yak over the fence, down the dike and over the rocks lining the water's edge ?
                          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by ztrede View Post
                            man, i went out in the yak with my buddy on diversionary canal today. only got a couple of rat reds. glad you had some good luck though!
                            Where do you put in? Did you yak up to Jack Brooks?
                            2010 Eagle Nest Backlash challenge winner!!

Comment

yes i parked on the road and drug it over the rocks haha its alittle tough by yourself but its worth it. ya the dike is still closed and even if you step one foot in there they will give you a ticket lol i saw it happen. they recently re opened the whole road all the way to the flood gate so ill have to check that out next time

Comment

Working...
                              X