X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexican Style Trout

Mexican-Style Snapper

Created by The MDM Team, Wednesday, 23 January 2008

Snap to it. Bake this red snapper in a delicious sauce. Then drizzle with butter, and serve alongside avocado and tomato. It doesn't get any better than this.

Ingredients

1/3 cup of sour cream
    1 tbsp. lemon juice
    1/2 tsp. chili powder
    1 lb. red snapper fillets
    1 1/4 cups crushed corn chips
    2 tbsp. butter, melted
    Avocado slices
    Tomato slices

Methods/steps

Combine sour cream, lemon juice and chili powder. Dip fillets in this mixture and dredge in corn chips, coating well. Place fillets in a lightly greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Bake at 450 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.

Additional Tips

Ready in 20 min

I used trout to make this and it turned out good. Make sure you use fritos, I did half fritos and half tortilla chips and the fillets dredged in fritos were alot better. To make this dish really, really good, take 1/3 cup sour cream and add about 1 tablespoonful of sriracha hot chili sauce. It's found in the Asian part of the store. Mix this with the sour cream and serve it on top of the fish. This sauce is good with greens, chili, or anything else that needs a little zap. It really made the dish great.

michelle

Man that sounds good, I'll give it a try next time!

Comment

that sounds good.when i catch another fish i will try it
      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

I will try one day Michelle.
        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

MMMMMM....MMMMMMM..........MMMMM!!!!! Sounds pretty darn good!!!
          Don't be a Nancy!
          If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Just sent it to Donna, will try it soon. Thanks for sharing.
            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

I will be trying this one ASAP. Looks great!

Comment

I tried this last night after you posted it... I took my Fritos and put them through the food processor and instead of baking I put the butter in the pan and "fried" them up... The Fritos turned to "bread crumbs" in the processor but man was it good! Thanks for the recipe!!
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Sounds good. You going to make a few batches for the tourney.

Coe do you know how I know you are gay. You have a food processor.

Comment

I like this recipe Michelle ! Can't wait to try it.......thanks for sharing. Like you suggested that recipe will work just fine with trout or redfish.
                    " What's good for me ain't necessarily good for the weak minded ."
                    Captain Augustus McCrae

Comment

Originally posted by FP10 View Post
                      Sounds good. You going to make a few batches for the tourney.

I can cook bro. Nothing wrong with knowing how to put GOOD food in your stomach!

5 of my close friends are all executive chefs I can't be that guy that sits there and drinks beer we already have one of those
                      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by FP10 View Post
                        Yeah, but at least he ain't wearing a.... SWEATER there homoboy!
                        Don't be a Nancy!
                        If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Originally posted by nokatchin View Post
                          that sounds good.when i catch another fish i will try it

don't buy the sour cream yet nokatchin, i know how you fish..it'l go bad before you catch another fish...lol

Comment

Originally posted by michelle View Post
                            don't buy the sour cream yet nokatchin, i know how you fish..it'l go bad before you catch another fish...lol
                            I think NK went after that fish today,.......it never stopped raining.

Comment

I added some asian chilli paste to the dredge and it was awesome. Thanks
                              Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X