Goose Breast Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goose Breast Recipe

I got 4 speckle-belly breast that I need to cook. Was thinking about marinading then frying...anybody got a good recipe for me?
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

I generally do them just like duck. Specks and Canada'a are real good eatin. Snow/Blues aren't quite as good but not as bad.

In either a tupperware bowl or ziploc, marinate the breasts in italian dressing for about 24-48 hrs. I always punch some holes in them with a fork first.

After marinating, wrap in bacon, secure with toothpicks and grill until bacon is blackened (10-12 min, maybe longer for a larger/thicker goose breast)

Enjoy! It usually turns out pretty tender and full of flavor. I have served them this way to people who usually dont enjoy waterfowl and they liked it or they were lying to be kind..

Id imagine fried would be good too, I just usually grill mine. Have fried duck though and it was good.

With the size of the goose breasts, maybe cut each breast in half, making 16 filets. Good luck.
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Originally posted by majek_maniac View Post
      I generally do them just like duck. Specks and Canada'a are real good eatin. Snow/Blues aren't quite as good but not as bad.

In either a tupperware bowl or ziploc, marinate the breasts in italian dressing for about 24-48 hrs. I always punch some holes in them with a fork first.

After marinating, wrap in bacon, secure with toothpicks and grill until bacon is blackened (10-12 min, maybe longer for a larger/thicker goose breast)

Enjoy! It usually turns out pretty tender and full of flavor. I have served them this way to people who usually dont enjoy waterfowl and they liked it or they were lying to be kind..

Id imagine fried would be good too, I just usually grill mine. Have fried duck though and it was good.

With the size of the goose breasts, maybe cut each breast in half, making 16 filets. Good luck.
      Thanks...I will try the italian marinated bacon wrapped in approxiamately two days. That does sound good!
      Don't be a Nancy!
      If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Add a piece of jalapeno and cream cheese before you wrap it up!! Makes your mouth water and brings a tear to your eye at the same time
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
        X