Big Gar with a bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Gar with a bow

My buddy Mark Sloan and I spent time in Navasota looking for alligator. Between checking lines we did some bowhunting along the floodbanks of the Navasota River. I was upfront and Mark behind me. Saw a fish making some noise in about 3' of water. Slowly trolled up and I we did I saw the back of a gar sticking out of the water. At first I thought it was a four footer that was dead and floating. Got up to him and saw it alive and well and stuck him. Dude hardly moved. Mark then put one in that grazed him and that seemed to wake him up and it was on. Dude took off and spooled that bow which then nearly took it out of my hands. He started pulling the boat and the guide hit the motor so we could keep up and I wouldn't lose his bow I guess...or get pulled in. Took a while but eventually he tired and I got him close enough to shoot him. He took off again. Got him back and the second shot rolled him over. Getting him in the boat took as long as fighting the dang thing. 7'7" and 150 pounds. That was freaking fun.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Yep , that qualifies as a big gar . That's a monster . Thanks for sharing .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Heck yeah! That is awesome!
      TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Huge gar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow!

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

What are you going to do with it?

Comment

Dang that's big !
              10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Good God man , that dude is huge ---- do you eat it or stuff it or what ?
                FPIII

Salt Water Fishn Is My Heritage

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff barton View Post
                  What are you going to do with it?
                  I'd get that ugly SOB mounted with the arrow stuck in it.

Convesation piece for sure...

Excellent catch my man!

Comment

Working...
                  X