Wbay 1.18.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wbay 1.18.10

Walked in around 4:15, to a popular south shoreline winter time trout highway. Water was in good shape, wind was se around 10-15, and the tide was trying to start coming in. I saw quite a few mullet jumping as I humped it out to one of my favorite pieces of mud/shell and the anticipation grew the closer I got to my spot.

I threw a norton bull minnow(pearl/ch) on the way out, hoping to maybe pick up a stray redfish, no luck with the red, but I did pick off a 17 inch trout around 5:20 on the bull minnow. At 5:30 I switched to a corky devil...pearl/ch...always been a deadly bait for me. Between 5:30 and about 6:15 I had 5 hits on the devil, missing 2 and sticking 3, from 15 to 21, all fat west bay winter trout for the frying pan! All 3 sucked the bait in on the pause, and all were hooked deep inside the mouth...they always seem to inhale the devils.

This was my second wade in a row throwing braid (powerpro) only...I think I'm starting to get use to it...but I'm still not sure. I do think I might have missed one of the fish if I had been using mono...I had a big bow in my line up current and I still felt the tap...but I'm still not sure about the braid; it sounds wierd when you have a fish on!

Talked to a few other waders on the way out; they had a few keepers.

Good hunting...OR19
    Attached Files

Excellent report glad to hear you got a few for grease... Thanks for sharing your evening with us...
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice report....Thanks
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Very nice fish, great job!

Comment

exceptional report and nice stringer!
          XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Great report. Thanks.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Great report. Nice photo too!
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

great report!! cant wait to go tomorrow!

Comment

Good pics & great report. You'll get used to the braid sound going through the eyes of your rod easy enough when dragging a stringer like that.
                  Just mind over matter, if you don't mind it don't matter. If it matters you better mind!

Comment

Nice report, thanks.
                    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

nice report and photo.
                      Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

A+.keep'em coming.
                        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Nice results for the time spent fishing. Thanks for the detailed and interesting report !!
                          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                          X