Baffin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baffin

I'd like to take my yak(s) down to Baffin for a big girl hunt. Have any of you yak fished Baffin? Also would any of you like to set up a group trip down then in Feburay or March?
    Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

I've never fished or been in Baffin, but I'd be willing to give it a shot. I'll bet with some research and "internet scouting" we could find some good launches with fishy water. Weekends would be better (I could probably get Friday off). I'd have to check the date, but I'm game.

Comment

Sounds like a plan!!!!! As you know I have every other Friday off, so if you want we can pick a date and start working. After looking at my schedule and my Fridays off it is either the weekend of Feb 19, 20 and 21 or we wait till April which would be bad either. In fact April 16,17 and 18 are looking pretty good to me right now. Let me know what you think. If you'd like we can put your yak on my trailer and go down in one truck. If anyone else wants to throw in with us we can figure that out also.
      Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

There are places easily accessible by yak Derek. We need to meet and I can give you a map of a place I fished in late March of 2005 that we C&R probably 10 trout all over 25". We were in a boat but there was yak access right there.
        Don't be a Nancy!
        If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

It's blowing up right now

Comment

Originally posted by Nwilkins View Post

Thinking next Thursday...anyone game for a trip Wednesday to SPI to pick up a snook mount, and then back track to Baffin on Thursday?
            Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
              There are places easily accessible by yak Derek. We need to meet and I can give you a map of a place I fished in late March of 2005 that we C&R probably 10 trout all over 25". We were in a boat but there was yak access right there.
              That would be sweet Monte!!!!! Might be a 12 pack in it for you..... You want to go with us????

Originally posted by Nwilkins View Post
              Between work and wife, I'm just so tied up I can't get there any sooner.

Thinking next Thursday...anyone game for a trip Wednesday to SPI to pick up a snook mount, and then back track to Baffin on Thursday?
              Wish I could but refer back to my previous response......

Comment

Originally posted by bountyhunter View Post
                That would be sweet Monte!!!!! Might be a 12 pack in it for you..... You want to go with us????
                Wish I could but refer back to my previous response......

No need for anything, unless you help me out with it.

I might would like that Derek, I'll just have to wait and see how the heal process goes by then.
                Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

I'd like to take my yak(s) down to Baffin for a big girl hunt. Have any of you yak fished Baffin? Also would any of you like to set up a group trip down then in Feburay or March?
                  pm sent.
                  I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

No need for anything, unless you help me out with it.

I might would like that Derek, I'll just have to wait and see how the heal process goes by then.

If we need to we will carry you and a case to your yak........

Comment

If you ask Derek realllyyy nice, he might even pull you around the whole time.

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
                        If you ask Derek realllyyy nice, he might even pull you around the whole time.
                        Naw that would be your job, you are younger and paddle better than me.......

Comment

Naw that would be your job, you are younger and paddle better than me.......
                          I was yakking Shamrock Cove(by Port Aransas) by myself 2 months after the last so I should be good. That's another area you might want to consider hitting before you(we) return....WillieP is still owed a trip too, I know it pretty well.
                          Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Trip sounds intersested, how many people are in to go, and is anyone invited? I am down for a trip, also would like to make some trip down to rockport.

Comment

I would be interested,I have been to Baffin 1 time in my SS and it stormed we didnt fish at all.I would be very interested in running down there with my Yak

Comment

Working...
                              X