Borrow a prop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Borrow a prop?

This is an unusual request, but I wonder if anybody has a prop I could borrow to see how it performs.

I have a 1992 Yamaha 115hp motor. Does anybody have a 4 blade prop with 19 pitch or a 3 blade with 20 or more that I could try out?

Thanks,
    Scott
    "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Would a prop from a '97 60 horse fit this application?
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

I think it would have to be a V4
      Scott
      "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

i have a 14x32p ron hill chopper you can borrow.

Comment

Originally posted by gsb View Post
          This is an unusual request, but I wonder if anybody has a prop I could borrow to see how it performs.

I have a 1992 Yamaha 115hp motor. Does anybody have a 4 blade prop with 19 pitch or a 3 blade with 20 or more that I could try out?

Thanks,
          Call Louie Baumann...he can hook you up with the right prop. I believe I have what your looking for, but once I ran the prop Louie got me....that thing never went back on my boat. I'll check what it is tomorrow when I get home Scott. It came off my 115 yammy 4 stroke...it's a 3 blade.
          Don't be a Nancy!
          If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Thanks bud. i am trying to avoid buying a prop. I may have mine worked on though if i find a better set up.

Give a holler!
            Scott

Comment

I have a 4 blade off a 99 60 yamaha. Louie usually will give you something to try and just run a credit card until you find the right one.
              "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
                Call Louie Baumann...he can hook you up with the right prop. I believe I have what your looking for, but once I ran the prop Louie got me....that thing never went back on my boat. I'll check what it is tomorrow when I get home Scott. It came off my 115 yammy 4 stroke...it's a 3 blade.

X2

Comment

Originally posted by gsb View Post
                  Thanks bud. i am trying to avoid buying a prop. I may have mine worked on though if i find a better set up.

Give a holler!
                  Scott I agree about not wanting to spend more, but the right prop can make or break your boat. Get Louie to look at it...I promise this will be $$$ well spent and the way the boat handles will be night and day. Louie can make it happen! My prop was a 19" 3 blade and it caused my motor to turn approx. 5500 rpm jacked and in the tunnel...which was out of spec with my motor. Louie with one prop change gave me a the "sweet spot" at 4900 rpm and a 5 mph speed gain. Let him make the recommendation at least, then you'll know what you need.
                  Don't be a Nancy!
                  If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

See if Louie can rework your old prop. He did one for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X