hidden dredge pipe in sargent icw!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hidden dredge pipe in sargent icw!!

i was just reading a thread on 2cool that was posted by dustin lee about some hidden dredge pipe between sargent and the tripod cut going towards east matty. according to dustin, 6 boats have hit the pipe that's not marked and have had some boat damage. here's the link..

michelle

These are the same pipes that Plugger reported on during our fishing trip top EMB... It is very dangerous the pipes are not marked ar all or they weren't at that time... If your running by GPS in ICW before or after daylight be ver careful... These unmarked pipes have the patential to ruin your day...
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I was returning from fishing last sunday running in the dark and fog and that pipeline was all the way across the intercoastal canal.I had to get back in the bay and come thru the cut by mitichells to get to the ramp in sargent.Lucky we saw the guys on the tug waving or we would had hit it.No frigging lights on the pipeline... just on the tug , but it was at an angle we could'nt see the marking lights until we were even with the boat.

Comment

Saw it yesterday , Friday, 1-22-10, going and coming back in the ICW. Coming back in the twilight, I saw for the first time a pipe a little ways out from the north shoreline and parallel to it, just above the water for a good 100 yard or so stretch and thinking, dang, you wouldn't see the darn thing and could hit it if a little too close to that shoreline. It wasn't close enough to the barge to be on the alert. Thanks , MICHELLE, I ran the tripod cut yesterday and that could have been bad, bad.
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogie70 View Post
          These are the same pipes that Plugger reported on during our fishing trip top EMB... It is very dangerous the pipes are not marked ar all or they weren't at that time... If your running by GPS in ICW before or after daylight be ver careful... These unmarked pipes have the patential to ruin your day...

they ruined the month of January and the FWE tournament due to lower unit damaged
          Just got my boat back

Comment

Yes it can happen in an instant...Get a rules of the road for navigation book and learn what the red, green and black markers they are flying mean.thats how i was able to navigate around the obstructions once i was able to see the markers on their tug the last few trips. the one evening at dusk and in the fog the boat was turned where the markers were behind a crane boom and I couldn't see them.I hope this information with any one else who is traveling that area.Sorry to hear about your misfortune Sand-tarpon

Comment

Originally posted by sand-tarpon14 View Post
              they ruined the month of January and the FWE tournament due to lower unit damaged
              Just got my boat back
              Sorry to hear about that man.. That sucks, from what I hear the dredging company is paying for boat repairs...?
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by Hogie70 View Post
                Sorry to hear about that man.. That sucks, from what I hear the dredging company is paying for boat repairs...?

Heck in that case I knocked the power pole off my rig last week...& trolling motor

Comment

Originally posted by Sneekypete View Post
                  Heck in that case I knocked the power pole off my rig last week...& trolling motor
                  ............i hope your kidding sneeky
                  I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

What's up Sneeky you don't want to claim me?
                    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
                      What's up Sneeky you don't want to claim me?

Deano, I'm not sure I could claim a-power pole, a-hole.... and a trolling motor on the same claim form.

Comment

Deano, I'm not sure I could claim a-power pole, a-hole.... and a trolling motor on the same claim form.
                        aint that the truf!!! Probaly gonna have to file an extra claim for the a-hole!!!!
                        MANVEL MOB

Comment

Maybe if you word it like "very giving and considerate A-hole"....

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
                            Maybe if you word it like "very giving and considerate A-hole"....

yeah he is a good a-hole
                            MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post

yeah he is a good a-hole
                              The best as they come...

Comment

Working...
                              X