South Padre Snaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Padre Snaps

Took my family to South Padre Island and went offshore with Captain Walker of Salt Walker Charters. I took my two sons and my two nephews all aged 11-14. Have fished the bay for decades and this was my first offshore there, Went about ten miles north and then were maybe ten miles out in 100 foot of water. What was weird about this trip is that down there the snapper rise to you so we wound up fishing maybe 20 feet deep sight casting to them. We would stop, throw out a couple handfuls of chum and there would be between 10 - 50 at times rising up to feed. We would drop the line, watch them, and if they were too small, pull away as quick as we could. It was pretty amazing. We boated I am guessing over 50 fish easy in a couple hours. The boys had a blast and these fish flat wore 'em out. I would bet the smallest we boated was 8 pounds...these all had some great size to them with the biggest at around 20 pounds. Also managed a couple kings for them to reel in. You know it's good when each tells you that was one of the best days of their life.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Awesome congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like an Awesome trip.

Comment

Sounds like a great trip they will remember for a life time. Good job!

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Nice going!

Comment

Great trip!
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Sweet!
              FPIII

Salt Water Fishn Is My Heritage

Comment

Working...