Good Day to Stay Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Day to Stay Home

With all the tournaments this weekend, I figured I'd just stay off the water, but boredom set in and I took the boat out again yesterday evening. I didn't get on the water till around 4 PM and I hoped that a lot of fishermen would be out of the water by then. A lot had, but the ones that remained had to be the most inconsiderate and downright rude I have ever seen.

There was NOT ONE BOATER that tried to go around me a little while I drifted along. Most blasted past me within 30 yards (max), full bore in their hurry to get to the next a**hole meeting. One was blasting along and saw me landing a fish, turned his boat directly towards me, motored up next to me, threw it in reverse about 5 yards away and cheerfully said "catching anything"? Not any more you half-wit! Keep in mind that I'm outside the floodgate at Moses Lake but nowhere near the entrance to the gate and not in a direct line to Eagle Point, but still boaters zoomed past me almost, it seemed just to pizz me off (which they succeeded in). I had one guy fully circle me idling along and watching me fish (from about 25 yards away). I asked him if he wanted to just hop in the boat with me (and a few other things)....he just flipped me the bird and firewalled his motor and sped off, ruining another spot for me.Click image for larger version

Name:	6-6-15.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	576327

After moving away from that area before I lost it on the next idiot, I moved out towards Dollar Point and got the same result. Fishing from about 500 yards out from the shoreline, with the WHOLE FREAKING BAY to navigate in, I encountered the same results.....fishermen that should know better blasted right by me, close enough to throw a rock in their boat, just like the last spot. This is why I hate weekend fishing.......
    Sorry about the beeching, just had to get that off my chest.....

ANYHOOO......At around 6, I found a spot out near the ship channel where there were no boats everywhere and found some good trout. I figure I landed around 10, hooked twice that many, and kept these 5 for my friend Eddie and his family.
    Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
    "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Wow! Sounded like you had a bad trip with humans, but a great trip with the feeshies! Too bad you had to put up with a bunch of maroons!!! Looks like things are a changing on the weekends and not for the better! Seems like common fishing courtesy has gone out the window (not really sure why that is) but you hung in there and showed them!!! Nice report and pic!

Comment

NWEFITB!!!!!
      "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Comment

Nice fish John. Prime reason I mostly fish at night during the summer.

Comment

Solid fish. Your trip sounds like the last trip(less the fish) to cold pass, the bays seems to be extra thick this year with inconsiderate Yahoo's. Glad you got on some fish despite the idiots out there.
            "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

Good job. Some idiots will never learn common courtesy nor respect...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X