1.24.10 Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.24.10 Hunt

Met up with Kylie & Yan at HW and was in the water around 5AM. Setup in a spot protected from the winds but exposed to the bright sunrise...

We didn't have much activity early though WWIII was breaking out behind us. Finally after 30 minutes the birds started heading to the bay. We had a group of teal work and then flare, by this time we had already sent Yan 200 yards down the shoreline who was posted up making sure no birds sat down the coast from us.

Yan got a nice teal and Kylie & I had a group of Pintails come in straight out of the sun. We dropped 3 and wouldn't you know it Kylie gets a banded pintail drake.

I've been hunting for 20 something years now and this is his first year hunting ducks and shoots one out of my boat.

I'm glad he got it though and not I... I think it would have made it more memorable IF I had shot it and Sadie had been there to retrieve it etc. (she's out for season with ear infections)

Good shooting yesterday despite the okay flight near our area... BTW I missed out on 3 bands in 2 days... I'm a little upset to say the least lol
    Last edited by WestEndAngler; January 25, 2010, 09:51 AM.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Sounds like a good hunt...a band is a great way to finish the season.
    "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Yan got a nice teal
      Yep, it was a big one huh?

I've been hunting for 20 something years now and this is his first year hunting ducks and shoots one out of my boat.
      Hopefully this won't spoil you on future trips with us Kidding... I'm pretty stoked that Kylie got that bird. He'd been talking about getting a sprig for the wall all day long. First pintail ever and it's a drake... and banded.

Comment

Hearsay all hearsay..........

Congrats guys!!!!
        Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Here BH....
          Attached Files

Comment

one more for yall, just before he went in the freezer while i try to find a good taxidermist. I had a blast and very appreciative for the opportunity to get out there on your boat Coe. Hope we can get a couple hunts in next year in your boat or mine. super stoked on the bullsprig and and band.

Comment

Ok I guess it really happened.......

Congrats again guys.
              Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

now anyone have a taxidermist recommendation in the galveston/houston area?

Comment

Connie Mac at creative feathers in santa fe is good. He mounted a redfish I caught, but I have seen his waterfowl mounts. They look great!

Comment

Originally posted by Kylie Howard View Post

one more for yall, just before he went in the freezer while i try to find a good taxidermist. I had a blast and very appreciative for the opportunity to get out there on your boat Coe. Hope we can get a couple hunts in next year in your boat or mine. super stoked on the bullsprig and and band.
                    Coe i have a guy here in Alvin that does a dang good job,he actually skins the bird and tumbles all the oil out of them then puts them on blanks,Some just squrit that stuff in them that hardens.
                    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Let me get back to you after two beers Deano your way ahead of me

Comment

HEHEHE Im with Mr.Beam today,how did you like that salami?Would you like sausage next time?

Comment

Sandy took it to the camp I actually got wasted and forgot it there was no 007 at the meeting so I was trying to fill his shoes... Saturday I slept in until 11

Comment

REM. me saying you are going to forget it ,so how was it Sandy...

Comment

Now that i think about it,it couldn't of ended up in better hands Coach loves the summer sausages i have gave him a few.

Comment

Working...
                              X