Honda Carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda Carbs

Cody has been having an issue with his carbs on his Honda 90hp on the back of the shoalwater... he said it bogs down past a certain point and pretty sure the carbs need to be cleaned. Anyone know of anyone that can help he says there is some special tool required? not sure what he is referring too. He's more than likely looking for someone to do the service he seems to think it would be $800?
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
    Cody has been having an issue with his carbs on his Honda 90hp on the back of the shoalwater... he said it bogs down past a certain point and pretty sure the carbs need to be cleaned. Anyone know of anyone that can help he says there is some special tool required? not sure what he is referring too. He's more than likely looking for someone to do the service he seems to think it would be $800?
    Gregr71 can probably point you in the right direction..
    MANVEL MOB

Comment

I would make sure it's not the filters first. The obvious filters are the water separator filter external to the engine and then one you'll see when looking inside the cowling.On top of that, there are filters before the low/high pressure pumps. I think they are called VSTs. These can get clogged. If the engine is relatively new, I would suspect a filter problem.

My yamaha would bog down at 4000 rpms. Ran fine up to that point. I replaced external filter and internal water filter and she's good to go.

Comment

He had a carb job done when they first purchased it I think... a year ago but after Summer and since then they have no water fuel separator and who knows if they even want to start removing or checking high / low pressure pump filters. I bet the boat would sit there for another 10 months if I didn't make a post about it
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I had a Honda with carb problems. Took to a few mechanics before I took it to Trans'.
          they fixed it for about $65/carb. (This was 5 yrs ago) They did great work and were the least expensive.

Comment

Working...
          X