Flounder Round Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flounder Round Up

Friday Beach Bum Bailey, Unclehandy, Blackbeard & I will be assisting Milk Jug out at SLP in creating a flounder pen. We have numerous large coolers and construction netting that we are trying to acquire to build a 15' x 15' "pen" to hold the flounder until the morning where we can them transport them using either Mike's new Shoalwater or my rig whichever is easier...

We are needing volunteers to help assist in catching the flounder or to hangout and keep an eye on the fish so no poachers come along

I am going to be coming down after work and won't be to the island until late like 8-9 PM. I will make a flounder round up run using my net instead of gig to help catch any size flounder to be used in the restocking program once I get down but hopefully there will be others available to help out and assist.

Let us know if you can help out late and early morning Saturday... I think there maybe a couple of us camping out there... If you need a tent let me know I have one you can use.

Coe-
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

I will be at SLP....on Friday morning fishing with my father in-law

Saturday- I will be there as well....fishing for the round -up

I can take the flounder over to the round up via my tanks with O2....
    (Two 162qt coolers with Oxygen)

You guys might be able to simply put the live flounder in your live wells with the water in-take on.....and bring them over in the morning to my coolers...

This would limit your work you guys have to do with building the pens..
    FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Is boyds open again? If so I'll go buy an oxygen system for my big igloo...

MuddSkipp, what are the details for Satuday? When do you need us there helping out etc.?

Comment

Are you driving over there?? Just curious if it would be easier to travel via car or boat to Lutes from SLP.

Comment

Boyds is open.
          NK
          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Can anyone suggest an Oxygen System I can purchase... All of our bubblers and everything were lost during Ike...

I want something that can handle 40GA Livewell.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
              Can anyone suggest an Oxygen System I can purchase... All of our bubblers and everything were lost during Ike...

Any suggestions?
              Talk to TEXXAN1 on 2cool. (Thomas) I think you met him at the Shaddix benefit tournament. He can fix you up.
              I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Any suggestions?

Call jason at boyds....

He should have them ...
                FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Are you driving over there?? Just curious if it would be easier to travel via car or boat to Lutes from SLP.
                  I am driving over there...

It would be easier by Boat....but I will have to much gear....and my buddies are using my boat for the tournament

I will get with you for the schedule for Saturday
                  FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Pier 30 at the surfside bridge has the oygen response system too.They get it from Jason at Boyds
                    NK
                    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Please do mudd... you have my cell? I am getting calls from everyone like hey whats the plan lol

Comment

Change of plans on my end. It looks like I MAY get to go catch a few flat fish for this thing after all, my party just canceled for Saturday. If I don't get another trip I will be out there fishing for a few myself. I will know for sure Friday evening.

AQUA PIMP
                        AQUA PIMP......
                        "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Sweet deal, I'm ready to become a flounder cowboy haha!

I'll be getting off as early as I can on friday and heading down to SLP to begin constructing the pen. My plan is to get it done by nightfall, then head to all my gigging holes on the E. side and see what I can net. Once I try all the spots I will bring any fish back to SLP.

Mabey some of ya'll will be around to guard the pen and any fish in it while I am gone?

Comment

Looks like a high tide for Friday evening, with it dropping considerably by late Sat. morning. Hopefully this will be OK for looking for them. Gotta make sure any penned fish don't get beached by morning

Might as well pray for low wind too

Comment

AP- they probably didn't like the 40 degree prediction for Saturday

Comment

Working...
                              X