West Bay 11-9-08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Bay 11-9-08

Finally got a/c, power and most work done at house and was able to put the skeeter in and try some fishing yesterday-left at 8:30. Headed towards Chocolate from Jam Beach. Immediately saw large flock of birds. 2 keeper trout-lost a good drag puller. Tried north shoreline, was not happening at my spot, so headed back into another flock of birds-another keeper trout and then dinks and slimers. Headed in for breakfast at 10. Used live shrimp. 3 total keeper trout. Also hooked up new underwater light-caught 2 trout at 2-3 #s and lost 1 while trying to flip it onto deck. Lots of trout in light. First fishing since Ike, really needed that!!
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Good to hear your back up and running in Jamaica Beach My buddy in Beachcomber is still without water and sewer... They lost the entire front row in that subdivision apparently they are the redheaded stepchild of J.B.

He said they were working on it so hopefully they have water and sewer back online.

I'll be down this next weekend for the flounder round up and tournmanet over up Chocolate. If your available or on Island time you should make a point to try and catch some flounder and bring them in for the cause... Keep them alive!!
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Way to go! I know that was a good feeling having that line streched out.

I fished some in Choc the day before (Sat) and did OK. I never fished any birds but I did see quite a few of them on the way.

I thought I was the only one without power down here until it FINALLY got turned on last Wed. Thats another damn good feeling not having to hear that %&!*$!% generator run. My hearing is bad enough from shooting way too many shotguns/rifles without ear plugs.

Comment

Glad things are getting back to almost normal on the island.Congrats on the catch
        NK
        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Thanks!

I will be trying to get a deer this weekend-haven't even been hunting due to all the work on the house, so am not gonna make the flounder restocking. Wish you all good luck and hope lots of live floundies are brought in!! Yep, JB has a lot of problems still going on-maybe they'll get all done soon I hope.

JT-just got mine on Tuesday finally-I don't have a generator, but I have great neighbors and ran a cord to their outlet so I could watch TV (analog) and have a couple of lights-the cold shower kind of was COLD though. How many of you got a $695 bill from Comcast-I did-returning my stuff this week. Got Dish TV-Comcast wasn't gonna hook me up for 3 weeks. Funny thing was, when I turned on TVs Friday night, I had cable??? Oh well.
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

They sent a letter out accidently.. They said to disregard that... lol

Comment

I'm switching from Comcast to AT&T Uverse here again... for the second time... lol but they said 1 month until they can get an installer out... i was like what!? Your kidding... 1 month before I can watch or enjoy their service? Seems a bit off to me...

Comment

Nice report Robalo. I bet it felt really good getting back out there.

AQUA PIMP
                AQUA PIMP......
                "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

we still dont have any power at texas campgrounds
                  Boats and hoes.

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post
                    we still dont have any power at texas campgrounds
                    Man, you folks really got whacked. I really am surprised anything was left there. What's the hold up on the power?
                    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Working...
                    X