Venice 8-1 Yellowfin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venice 8-1 Yellowfin

Took a charter out of Venice on Saturday with Voodoo charters. Turned out to be amazing. Left out at 0630 and were in 7000 feet of water making bait by 0815. First tuna on by 0945. We started out with a pair of 30 pounders - double hookup and quite a few throwbacks after that. Picked up several dorado in the 15 - 20 lb range too. After about an hour of that, the water off the bow came alive with big tuna so we trolled out and hooked up with another double. One was a 50 pounder that gave up in about 25 min and the other turned out to be 97lbs. Caught on a 16 wide with 50 lb test. Very light tackle for a big guy. Took all 3 of us had to get him to the boat. Every time we got some line back he'd pull it all off again way into the braid backing. Left the deep water at about 1330 and ran inshore to look for rig donkeys since it was opening day. Wound up with 6 AJ's in 7 or 8 drops, Easy picking. Picked up a bonus 10 lb mangrove as well. At that point it was around 1600 and we made for the dock. All fish caught on live bait. If we'd have been jigging we could have filled the boat with blackfin. They were everywhere. They left the live bait alone though. Great trip with great friends. Definite bucket list item for me.

Shut up and FISH!!

Looks like a blast!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Great pics what a trip
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Venice is must for folks who love offshore...I absolutely love it down there...awesome fish!

See any mako???
        sigpic

Comment

No sharks this time Brad.
          Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Awesome Mike! What a trip!
            TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Nice going, Mike!

Comment

Great trip. Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

WTG Mike!
                  "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Great catching! Glad you had a great trip Mike.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

What a trip! On my bucket list...thanks for the pics!

Comment

Awesome trip Mike. Love the pics!!

Comment

Working...
                        X