Saturday 15th Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday 15th Report

As some of you read I got off to a late start Saturday. Had a cousin down who wanted to fish. We started in the surf and caught dinks and one that went 16". I asked him if he would rather catch some reds which he said he would so we got in the boat and headed to a back lake I like to fish. Went to the spot I caught a couple from Friday and there was nothing there. Second spot they were. Made the same drift a few times and the fish were scattered but would pick up two per drift. Messed around caught seven reds and one trout with four being slots.

Cuz wanted to see some shoreline and scenery so I took him up into some of the bayou. We were trolling looking for reds and not seeing anything and then a gator made an appearance. He was cruising down the bayou and kept the boat behind him maybe twenty yards. I kept jacking with him by throwing my plastic at him and then I hit him and hung him in the leg. And that's how the fight got started. Took my fifteen minutes but got him to the boat three time before he would scoot and boogie. Third time be broke off. Fun stuff on 12 pound test and one of Allen Pierce's rods!

Finally, in looking at the pics my cousin sent me I realized I am freaking bald in back. What the hell???!!! Had no idea I had ZERO hair back there LOL!
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Awesome day! Well, accept for the bald realization. Lol. They probably still make that hair in a can stuff!
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
      They probably still make that hair in a can stuff!
      I may look into it...that and start covering my head instead of my neck
      sigpic

Comment

Finally, in looking at the pics my cousin sent me I realized I am freaking bald in back. What the hell???!!! Had no idea I had ZERO hair back there LOL!

HAR ! Funny stuff with the presentation . But , heck , man , that revelation must be a jolt with not previously having no clue . It's genetic .m

Thanks for the report .
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

nice catch, definitely time to start thinking about a hat that covers that up.
          Green grass and high tides forever
          Mike Mathena

Comment

Great read and great report thanks.
            "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post

HAR ! Funny stuff with the presentation . But , heck , man , that revelation must be a jolt with not previously having no clue . It's genetic .m

Thanks for the report .

Comment

Working...
              X