9-8 thru 9-10 Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9-8 thru 9-10 Report

Fished by myself Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Left the dock before daylight and quickly caught a ton of live shad in my cast net each day. They were the perfect size for fishing live under a popping cork.
    Tuesday-6 trout to 18" all keepers, 3 reds to 22" all keepers, 1 flounder 20"- in by 10 AM.
    Wednesday-4 trout, all barely keepers, 13 reds all keepers , 1 flounder 14"-fishing all over the place and many honey holes-in by 10:30.
    Thursday-Got out before daylight and got bait, make it into the bay along the Kemah shoreline-1 red keeper, 1 trout keeper, 1 undersized flounder. Then the rain came and I hauled butt to the dock just as the rain hit at 7:30.

Here's a sample of the size of the fish I have been catching. Since I released all the fish and was too busy catching to take pix, here's the best I could do in the excitement. I can't tell you how many undersized trout, reds and sandies I landed in those 3 days but it was a ton. Don't have many days like this. Water was dead calm (and green each day) so that helped me cover more ground and cast all around the boat instead of limiting me to casting with the wind only on a drift. Got to work close to the shorelines too with the trolling motor. No birds working East Bay yet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Red 9-9-15.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	576514Click image for larger version

Name:	Trout 9-9-15.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	576515
    Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
    "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Nice catching Termo! First part of this week was gorgeous!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

You have been busy , son . Thanks for the report . Of course , you claim all these many fish caught over 3 days all by yourself yet post only a few fish pictures . Too busy catching all those fish to take pictures , eh ? No , no We believe you , of course . Yeah , right .
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

HAR ! I'm messing with you , buddy .
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
            You have been busy , son . Thanks for the report . Of course , you claim all these many fish caught over 3 days all by yourself yet post only a few fish pictures . Too busy catching all those fish to take pictures , eh ? No , no We believe you , of course . Yeah , right .
            I didn't get a chance to take many pics, but the camera crew recorded all three trips. You can catch the shows ("FISHING WITH A GALVESTON LEGEND") at 4AM Sundays on BSPN! HAR!

We've been fishing together enuf times to know that one of us is FOS. (or is it BOTH of us?) heeeheeeheee

Worse, I'm loading the boat now to go back out this afternoon in the rain......nobody has ever said that I'm the sharpest knife in the drawer!

Comment

Nice report, and I love the comedy.

Comment

Just got back home at 6:45. Launched at 3:30 and stayed close to some spots that have been paying off lately. Rain stopped right as I was launching and the wind was calm. Had 1 bull red and that's the only bite I got, but I did get me 2 more half gallons of shad for the winter flounder run.

Comment

Dang son , ease off the caffeine .

Comment

Nice!
                    TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                      Dang son , ease off the caffeine .
                      LMAO!
                      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Working...
                      X