West Seawall 11-09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Seawall 11-09

Partied a bit too hard on Friday and was wrecked almost all of Saturday, but something kept tellin' me my jones for fishin' was gonna help out. Got outta work early around midnight, and made the decision to pack the car and try and get down to the coast. Well, I kinda headed out partyin' first till the bars closed, but hey, I did start headin' down afterwards.

Hit the seawall at daybreak, and could see schooling fish from the road. I'm mainly a freshwater guy, and I've seen my fair share of schooling hybrids and stripers, but this was something much bigger. No way to get to them till I hit the west end of the seawall, so I kept driving.

Got outta the car and could hear the fish slapping at bait. Wow, craziness, and all within' wading and casting distance. Beat my buddy down into the water, and it was a frenzy. Birds, bait, and a ton of large fish everywhere just bustin' the top. Nuts. Three casts later, and I'm hung into something huge. My buddy finally gets down there, and on his first cast, we're now into a double. He gets completely spooled pretty immediately while I still have my fish on. Couple minutes later, and I had my personal best redfish...by almost twenty inches. A beautiful red measuring forty five inches. Wow. Let her back in to fight another time, and once again casting into schooling fish.

Apparently, I caught one of the few reds in the school, because the rest of the time we spent there, we caught Jack. Seven jacks, all over thirty five inches, and all the fish on spoons and shrimp saltwater assassins. Sore arms all around.

Definitely worth the trip, and definitely worth sleeping in the Wal-Mart parking lot afterwards.

You have to work to get to the reds... those jacks (jetty tuna ) are much quicker and will bully the reds out of the way. Glad you had a great time... After a few jacks I bet it was siesta time
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Sounds like non stop action.Congrats
      NK
      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Nice report-like the partying part-can relate!
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Nice!
          Don't be a Nancy!
          If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Working...
          X