Veteran's Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veteran's Day

As most of you probably know, today is Veteran's Day. I would like to ask you all to take the time to thank a Veteran that you may know for there service. If it wasn't for the millions of veterans of this great country, we would not have the priviledge to do many of the things we all love and discuss on this site, as well as many other freedoms we have. And instead of fishing to put food on the table, it is hobby/sport for us in the greatest country on earth. Many vets have made the ultimate sacrifice while others made very large sacrifices and are still coping with them today. So please, take the time to think about the veterans regardless of your pollitical views and tell them thanks.

So God Bless America and carry on!!!

My thank you goes out to my best friend, John Mattek Jr, KIA March 13 2005 in AL Anbar Province, Iraq. He was 24.
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

I would like to thank you MM for serving our country and doing us proud.
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Thanks to ALL of Our Veterans
      NK
      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Thanks to all those who served... I'd like to say thank you not only to Majek but also to a buddy of mine who lost both his legs when his humvee ran over a double stacked landmine. He has since joined a ski team in Aspen and is doing very well. He is good friends with Beach Bum Bailey, Red Fish Rob, Blackbeard, Unclehandy, The Captain Hook and I on this site.

My cousins have all served and my girlfriends brother will be soon departing for security detail with the Texas Air National Guard to provide security in Saudi Arabia at I am assuming one of the air bases. He leaves the day after Thanksgiving and this is his first deployment. We had a big pre-deployment party and award ceremony this past weekend at Elington.

My hat is off to those that keep this country safe. They are truly not thanked enough!

MM- Let's get a drink soon! Hope to see you this weekend!
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Thank you all for your support but like I tell everyone else, no thank is necessary for me. The most importanat part I feel is to support the disabled vets and the survivors of those killed in action.

Just thought I would pass this on, it is an outstanding tribute/music video to the Marine Corps, one of the best I have ever seen. Check it out if you would like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbnXX...eature=related

MM
          "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Great video MM
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Thanks Coe, we will get together soon. I am wondering how this weekend will turn out. I will be there but if I am planning on hunting in the am until 10ish, that doesnt leave much time for catching flatties, but I will try. I think I am going to start out and focus on New Bayou mouth and go from there if it isnt producing. The wind looks to be rough so I dont want to run to SLP but I will if that is where the fish are. I may give you a call that am and see how its going. I'd hate to show up at lutes with nothing.

Semper Fi!

Comment

Working...
              X