Sightfishing in rockport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sightfishing in rockport

Fuzzy and myself had the pleasure of fishing with Capt Mike Cook in rockport saturday. The conditions were good light winds partly cloudy in the am and sunny in the pm.The fish weren't biting for me but Fuzzy and Capt. Cook caught some reds but we saw at least 15 trout at least 25inches or bigger .the trout wouldn't bite may have been because of the pressure. sightcasting is a rush to say the least.....had a blast and will do it again. sorry no pics.....BTW we were fishing with some new TTF plastics.....nice colors
    Last edited by reeltime; February 7, 2010, 07:42 PM.
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Thanks for the report Chris.
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Thanks for the report...
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Its allright Bro it just wasnt your day...atleast you saw fish get caught!

Comment

what i learned from capt. cook was priceless .i still got another trip with him in the future.

Comment

Thats bad ***....im gona have to get my saltwater fly rod and reel working down there on the coast...gota learn how to cast it first lmao.

Comment

Yep it was awsome seeing them trout.

Comment

Fuzzy is it better than the redfish in Trinity?
                I have an uncontrolable desire to wanna jerk my rod.

Comment

Love chase'n reds,but ain't nothin like seeing them trout laying in a pothole.

Comment

Nice report! thanks!
                    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

I had been meaning to look for this report. I hope that you got Mike sauced up and talking. He's a great guy, sorry the fish didn't cooperate.
                      http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

He is a great guy.He had a few storys to tell us.You could tell at the boat ramp he felt bad about us not catching fish.Heck he put us on'em.the fish just didn't like reeltime.

Comment

I'm going with capt. cook with my brother in the summer or fall.......

Comment

I should be seeing Captain Cook early next month, trip to see a few old friends down there and a seminar on fly fishing a Swan Point lodge. Hopefully followed up with a trip to Baffin to fish with Capts. Sally and Black. I'm pumped, haven't been down south since last january.
                            http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

I'm going hopefully in april or may.I ready to hook a big'un.Btw Capt. Cook wife Laura has been very sick....prayers for her speedy recovery.

Comment

Working...
                              X