Good Morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning

I was wading in the dark this morning catching a few trout. Ballyhoo were abundant and I occasionally hooked one. At dawn the bite picked up on the blk/chrm one knocker. After the sun hit the horizon, smaller lure like a SS clown worked better. After 7:00 as it warmed up and the fish moved slightly deeper, I switched to jigging with a rootbeer red glitter Lil' John on 1/8th oz. jig. The size of the jigged fish were much larger than the ones earlier on topwater. I caught 4 or 5 4#ers and the potlickers moved in. One boat drifting close behind me which was fine, and a Jon boat with 3 guys throwing Croakers came all the way around behind me and up on my left so they could drift across in front of me right where I was casting. By 8:00 it was over and I came in for breakfast. Tide was ripping in, light N NW wind.

I did have another scrappy Mackeral on top without it attacking me. All fish released...a good morning!
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Great report Kenny. Congrats.
    "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Good stuff!

Comment

I like to catch 'n release for the most part. It's also easier because there's nothing to clean except the boat and my equipment. Have you ever noticed that stringers of dead trout all look the same. It's like taking pictures of mountains on a vacation!
          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
            Have you ever noticed that stringers of dead trout all look the same. It's like taking pictures of mountains on a vacation!
            agree. whats even better is when you get to look at that on somebody's cell phone.

Comment

Nicely done!

Comment

Nice Kenny.
                TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Very nice!!!
                  Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Working...
                  X