chocolate 2/6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chocolate 2/6

went down to chocolate staurday, got on the water about 11 am. about 2 i decided to mark some spots, tide was real low. i was in tha area were long reef meets the channel. started to see some bait movement, but i couldnt buy a bite. then i did what i cant stand, fished a corky.
    got 6 bites in a half hour, 5 kept. then it was over. i know they catch fish,
    but i just dont like throwin them. what a grind they are to fish...
    castaway300

Thanks for the report. Those suspending lures are not nearly as fun as a shallow running crank

Comment

Thanks for the report

Comment

Thanks for the report! They may not be a lot of fun, but they catch fish!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

X2 on what Chip said. I am hooked on them now, but looking forward to the top water bit returning.
          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

thanks for the report
            Itching To Be Fishing!

Comment

Awesome Report...Keep it up.

Comment

good report keep tossin them corkys youwill end up with a PIG!!
                MANVEL MOB

Comment

X 3 on what Chip said. Hey, the more you fish'em , the better you get... and the more you'll like them. Steven Cochren, Laguna guide and writes for TEXAS SALTWATER FISHERMAN has a DVD... TROPHY TROUT FISHING where among other things , shows you how he works a corky. He demonstrates it in SHALLOW water, but that's where he says he finds the big ones. I was fishing my fat boy in knee deep water last Saturday going back to my boat the way he does, when I hooked up my 20 " red. They can be worked different ways, but this may be something to check out. I thought it useful.
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Thats Kevin Cochran isnt it??
                    MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
                      yepp that's Kevin,i have fished with him a couple of time,Sneeky put it on him LOL.s and had fun
                      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

nice job
                        the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

We should have fished chocolate!!
                          Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
                            Sorry, you are correct... thanks for that correction.
                            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                            X