When do lights turn back on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When do lights turn back on

I really enjoyed reading the posts on this site. I started fishing the canal lights towards the end of summer last year out of the kayak. I was just wondering when the fish start coming back in the canals under the lights. I'm missing those all nighters!

people have been reporting catching them in the lights for a few weeks now. Just need to see bait in there and work your lures really slow on the bottom is what I have been hearing.

Comment

I know people who catch them year-round in the lights. I would pick any warmer day, not right after a front. I have been seeing some bait in the lights already, so it should really heat up soon.

Comment

We had them in thick a few weeks ago... Honey holes always produce and I can still drive my truck to my various spots on the Island and come back with a limit of reds and trout in an hour.
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Yea im waiting on those as well!

Comment

Geez where are you going where you can limit in both in an hour!?! You ever need a fishing buddy?

Comment

Originally posted by marksemmler View Post
              Geez where are you going where you can limit in both in an hour!?! You ever need a fishing buddy?
              secret spots my friend!

These would be the same spots that I've pulled three 30" + trout

Comment

I couldn't get two limits in an hour even in a fish market. LOL
                Beandaddy

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                  secret spots my friend!

These would be the same spots that I've pulled three 30" + trout
                  I will be tracking ya this year.lol
                  10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
                    I will be tracking ya this year.lol
                    Don't follow to close you won't make it

Comment

I will stay two cast away. lol
                      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
                        I will stay two cast away. lol
                        you better stay further than that sporting that AVATAR!!
                        MANVEL MOB

Comment

To answer your question, seems like the underwater lights start getting lots of fish when water temp gets near 65 degrees-I haven't had hardly any fish at all in my lights so far this year-just too cold I guess. I'm starting to have schools of baby menhaden showing-last month was sterile in the lights in my canal.
                          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

With the lower temps than normal this year, I would keep on plugging with dark plastics deep in the lights. Sounds like the shad are still small, so when it warms up a bit switch to a glow shad red or chartruese paddle tail and work a little faster but keeping alittle deep still. As the water warms you will be speeding up your plastics a bit. While its still a bit chilly you may want to throw some suspending lures like catch and corkies, the topwater bite will be taken over by seagulls when you leaset exspect it.

When your out there late at night and hear those trout popping the top of the water like the 4th of July you can actually burn a plastic across the top and have a fast hard hitting drag ripping bite even if its a dink trout. Those reds will stay deeper though.

Kind of miss my jon boat when it comes to fishing lights at night. Less traffic, no heat, but the mosquitos might take you away at times.

Comment

Working...
                            X