Palestine 1/2/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palestine 1/2/17

Flapper and I traveled up to the piney woods yesterday. We drove through the bad rain and strong winds. We took a delayed start and met the storms just south of Conroe. Luckily the road was clear and we dealt with 25 min of rain. We arrived a little after 10am, grabbed bait and launched. We worked structure in 30' of water all day and didn't move but a few hundred yards from the first spot. We ended up with 15 crappie and a striper. The striper took me around an underwater obstruction but the braid held and I was able to get the fish in the net after a 3-4 min fight. The winds were blowing 10-15 all day which caused us to fight to stay on top of our spot with the TM. Left at 7, back by 8:30 long day but productive and fun.

I think Flapper has some more photos.

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Dang! I gotta make sure you've got my number!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

white perch is the red snapper of fresh water.

Comment

Very nice. Crappie makes for some fine eating!!

Comment

That was some nasty stuff going up there,but worth it.It turned out to be a nice day.If that wind wouldn't have picked up,we could have stayed on thoseClick image for larger version

Name:	Palestine.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	562621 schools a lot better.Great afternoon.I would have bet that striper was a flathead cat.
          TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

That's in my lake COLE u get to see Brooks

Comment

I thought you were opening up a controversial debate about the existence of a Palestinian state and Israel . HAR !
              nice fish !
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by mad mac View Post
                That's in my lake COLE u get to see Brooks

No I missed seeing Steve. He's always helpful when we come up there so gave him my spot without hesitation. Saw he took his grandkids out to a spot up north and did good. I bet the spawn will be ridiculous, let's pray for no floods this year.
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Yep and even weather

Comment

Working...
                  X