Yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday

It was one of those days at work that remind me so much, why I don't like working for other people. I won't go into the details but it sucked!! it was however motivation enough to make me want to wash away the memories with some saltwater. I had about an hour to get on the water before the sunset, and hit one of my favorite walk in spots. I didn't set the world on fire but had one nice fish that was in the 5-6 pound class. What did she eat, you ask? Pink fat boy of course.. She was holding over very shallow shell given that the pressure was sky high and still climbing, and the air temperatures were dropping. That's just the fun of fishing, it's just another chance to go out and defy conventional fishing wisdom by letting a big trout eat a lure in a place that she isn't supposed to be, at a time that she isn't supposed to be there.

Conditions were High skies, with just a few wispy clouds, sun was setting, water was about 52, sandy green, tide was barely moving in, and I didn't see a mullet the whole hour or so that I was on the water. Wind was north about 12 with occcasional gusts higher.
    http://www.theshallowist.com

Glad you got out there. Wish I would have been out there with you.. work has been dragging me down lately also.
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Nice report and catch.congrats
      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

great job steve!! fishing is the cure for everything

Comment

Nice report and thanks. While you fished, I was driving from Baton Rouge!!
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I think I am going to go walk in to my "secret" spot here in seabrook for an hour or so before dark tonight. Need to get out of work too.

Comment

That's nice Jeremy. Only problem is that it's not a secret anymore, you just told 1000 people who like to fish where you are catching them..

JK I hope that you pound them today! I can't make it out and the wind is at 00.00 MPH!!!!!!!!!! Should be fun.

Comment

Good report. I'm reading this while it sleets.
                Just mind over matter, if you don't mind it don't matter. If it matters you better mind!

Comment

Nice work, sounds like a big fish.

Comment

Thanks for the report Capt Steve! Hardcore as usual.
                    sigpic
                    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by shallowist View Post
                      That's nice Jeremy. Only problem is that it's not a secret anymore, you just told 1000 people who like to fish where you are catching them..

JK I hope that you pound them today! I can't make it out and the wind is at 00.00 MPH!!!!!!!!!! Should be fun.
                      My little one got sick and I couldn't make it out. The water was flat. Wish I could have made it. Guess I am going to have to give it a whirl Sunday morning. PS only 4 people on this board know where my secret spot is...

Comment

Not sure if I feel like taking out the yak, probably just walk in at the spot and fish for a couple hours. I have softball playoffs in the eve so I need to spend some time at home with the wifey on valentines day.

Comment

Originally posted by FP10 View Post
                          My little one got sick and I couldn't make it out. The water was flat. Wish I could have made it. Guess I am going to have to give it a whirl Sunday morning. PS only 4 people on this board know where my secret spot is...
                          Wrong, along with myself and probably everyone else that saw that picture with the foreground blacked out, and all the rest of the people that I know that have known that area for years..... I would put it at around 200, plus the ones that read the post today.

But I promise that I will not tell anyone else.

Comment

I have never posted a picture of it.

Comment

Thanks for the report Steve.
                              LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Working...
                              X