Parking near Virginia Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking near Virginia Point

Wondering if there is a place to park and launch my Flatstaker at Virginia Point , been years since i have fished that area.

i think the road is closed off that went down there,all the houses are gone too.used to be some good fishing there
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

I am pretty sure you can still launch by Bubba's Bar at or near the old boat ramp between the causeway and RR bridge and then paddle east. NK is right about the old houses and last time I was near there, a gate was up and locked across the road. I did notice last week it looked like maybe someone moved a trailer or sumthin onto a former house site. That is a strange little area-as I recall, the land those houses were on was "leased" under a long-term (99 years?) lease-wonder what all happened to their "rental" rights to the land after the houses washed away? Anyone know?
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

pretty sure i heard somewhere that road is private and you can only park if you have a lot there.. but havent heard anything about it since everything got washed away.. i know there is a few reefs nearby (swan reef or something) and ive always wanted to check out swan lake back there
        Boats and hoes.

Comment

My wife& I use to put or boat in at the Dyke and drift that shoreline a lot always caught good fish, it use to not get much pressure. I am going to take my Flatstalker down there and give it a try.

Comment

sweet ive always wanted to fish that shoreline in the yak. let us know how it is

Comment

Sneeky took me there when i was young havn't fished ther but for flounder in the run.
              10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Yeah, that road is private. The closest launch would be where ROBALO said. He's right on about all of what he said.
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I drove down there on the way back from Gtown a couple weeks ago. It looked like a private road as mentioned above. I thought you might could park by the railroad and walk down, but it looks like a good place to get your truck broken into. Thats the only thing that worries me. I guess you could park at the bar and walk maybe. Let us know how it goes
                  XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

You cant park at Tiki to launch (unless you know someone) but you can park at Fat Boys and paddle through the channel and around...thats what most of the kayakers do. If you want to chance it, you could park at bubba's. I know yakkers who have parked on the galveston side of the causeway, paddled across and over there...but I sure wouldnt be excited about doing that.

It gets a fair amount of fishing pressure.

Comment

Working...
                    X