Hook Set Stringer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hook Set Stringer

Received a Hook Set Stringer few days ago.. Can't wait to try it out this weekend... Going to be fishing for flounder but anything not a flounder is going on this stringer. Looks and feels great... Seems to be a killer design and can't wait to add some feedback and performance test this thing! More to come once it gets all slimed up
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
    Received a Hook Set Stringer few days ago.. Can't wait to try it out this weekend... Going to be fishing for flounder but anything not a flounder is going on this stringer. Looks and feels great... Seems to be a killer design and can't wait to add some feedback and performance test this thing! More to come once it gets all slimed up

Dave(GoingCoastal) Jeans makes them...he's local guy and a friend. Lives off TriCity Beach Rd. Excellent stringer for sure....wading belts are good too. Chris gonna sponser here?
    Last edited by FlatoutFishin; November 12, 2008, 07:53 PM.
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Were in negotiations (not at this current time) He sent me a stringer to try which was really awsome! I am going to right up a good honest review and post back here on the website... I've sectioned off some ad space for him for sending me a free stringer but limited it as we currently have 2 paid for ads: Saltwater Assault and BillyStix. I'm awaiting the banner ad from Texas Outdoors Journal which is a great magazine I highly suggest you look at a copy next time your at Academy. Thanks guys for helping to keep the site going without support like the above mentioned I'd be digging myself a deep hole!

Comment

I have been using the stringer for a year now. Best stringer I have ever used!!!!!

AQUA PIMP
        AQUA PIMP......
        "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Originally posted by aqua pimp View Post
          I have been using the stringer for a year now. Best stringer I have ever used!!!!!

AQUA PIMP

Hey AP...do you use his wading belt as well. I know Kenny uses it. Very simple design and light weight, yet durable.
          Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

I told him I was going to buy one but as you all know I made a big purchase already this month... I'm hurting for a couple weeks

Comment

Where can I see pics of this gear and buy it? I did a search but didnt come up with anything. I am an idiot though. Thanks.

M.M.
              "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Hookset Marine Gear is committed to offering only the finest products that outfit the world’s most dedicated outdoorsmen. Relentless focus on the customer and an unwavering attention to quality is what establishes Hookset as the premier equipment and apparel provider to the Gulf Coast and beyond.

Comment

E-mail them tell 'em Coe sent you from the West End Anglers... Chris is who I've been speaking with over there... FOF mentioned another name but I've been dealing with Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
                    TriCity Beach Rd.
                    That's right near our big Industrial Park... Cedar Crossing out in Baytown... 5TH largest in the world! Areas largest...

Comment

Looks like some good stuff. I am needing a new wading belt soont and think I will try theirs. A little pricey but there stuff seems to be well engineered and high quality components and construction. I also really like those "Original Quickswirl" connectors. That is a neat idea. Maybe I'll order a pack and write a review.

M.M.
                      "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Originally posted by majek_maniac View Post
                        Looks like some good stuff. I am needing a new wading belt soont and think I will try theirs. A little pricey but there stuff seems to be well engineered and high quality components and construction. I also really like those "Original Quickswirl" connectors. That is a neat idea. Maybe I'll order a pack and write a review.

M.M.
                        I've used the quickswirls off and on now for the last year.Off only because I'm out. They work great and I prefer the swivels when working Corky's. They are a little tight getting on baits like mirrolures with large gauge wire on the nose's, but it can be done with practice. Skitterwalks it just slides on very very easily. Met the gentleman that makes them at the Hookset booth and he's good people...just don't show him where the beers kept(JK). I've had some good luck with them on Corky's, and Capt Jesse Arsola turned me onto them. ...and we know he knows how to catch some big girls!

Dave(GoingCoastal) works down the street from me and we have lunch when I'm off and not fishing. I've fished with him a bunch and he knows what works and thats why he came up with this design. The buckles are a little tight at first. Secret is to get the belt wet before sliding it on. With this inovative latch, I promise if you drown with this thing on, it will still be on you when they find you, even if nothing else is. Its that good a latch!

You want to check one out give me a call at 281-380-4831 and I can meet you some where and show you the ends and outs of it. Order from Chris as this is who Dave deals with exclusivly. I just wanted y'all to know they are made local , by a local fisherman, that know's what we need.

Coe you talk to Chris...tell him Monte(FoF) said hi and he better have a cold one for me at the show this year....I still got my booth shirt and ready to pimp fishin stuff.

Monte
                        Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Will do Monte

Comment

I like the green stringer. One thing, make sure the knot holding the float on is a good one. The stringer is so tangle-free that it tends to "untangle" the knot. Made me lose one flounder and a float Now I have an insane knot, and just dump the fish off the other end. No problems and its a great stringer.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
                              I've used the quickswirls off and on now for the last year.Off only because I'm out. They work great and I prefer the swivels when working Corky's. They are a little tight getting on baits like mirrolures with large gauge wire on the nose's, but it can be done with practice. Skitterwalks it just slides on very very easily.
                              Thanks for the input, I recently started using swivels and am very happy with them. These quickswirls seem like a great idea, a lot easier and simpler than the traditional swivels. I will pickup a few sets in the next few weeks.

M.M.

Semper Fi!

Comment

Working...
                              X