Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winter advice

Gentlemen (and possible ladies),

Its been far too long since ive been out on the water!! I have about 5 days vacation coming up towards the end of feb. I have 2 $50 gift certificates to bass pro! ( i need some new waders!!!!)
    Im curious about the retrieve during the winter months. Im typically a live bait kind of guy, but would like to get better at arts.
    Also, where are some good walk in spots around that time?
    Top water or soft plastics (retrieve?)
    I want to fill a cooler and need y'alls help!

Slow.....slower.......Super Slow! Lots of pauses....shortand long!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

When you think your going to slow.... Wait a little longer... LMAO... Presentation is something you have to figure out as a individule... Everyone has there own technique and retrieve speed... So my answer is trial & error... Put your time one the water and everything will work out to the good.... Good Luck....
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

This time of year it is cold and the reactions are slower so I usually slip in real slow and fill my cooler up at Buckys with beer!!! I have yet not to limit out!!!! You asked for the advice
        Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

1/16 and 1/8 oz leadheads work well. The lighter you go the longer it will stay in the strike zone.

Comment

If you haven't already read Capt. Greg's article on fishing west bay.

Comment

All the above and if you want to ramp up the learning curve faster, I'd recommend a booked trip with one of the guides on the site to show you how they work what lures in what conditions... good luck !!
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
              X