Emb 2-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emb 2-13

Fished EMB with a buddy today and it was slow. Water was cold and clear on the west end where we wanted to start the day in mud and shell mix.. NADA. After that I tried several stops on the south shoreline caught a few keepers. After that we tried A few mud and shell stops on the north shoreline picked up a few there. I was hoping with the sun coming out I could find em sunning up in the shallow with there bellies in the mu, but not to be. We walked through some tuff mud in some places 2day. The only thing I found half way consistent today was shell. Every fish was caught very close to thick shell.

I ended today doing what really dont like doing to much DRIFTING. We drifted some mid reef shell based, and what I found here was we caught most of the fish in 2 1/2 to 3 foot of water near the 5 drop off. But just about every fish we caught was sitting up on top in the thick shell.

We ended the day with 12 trout nothing of much size but fat, and we worked hard for em today.

We ate dinner at the marina and the way it sounded it was a tuff day out.

Nice job! Glad you got out there! Tuff days make the easy ones even sweeter!
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Thanks for the report...! Grinding them out is just part of this addiction we call fishin... LMAO...!
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Way to grind it out. Winter will be behind us soon!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
          Way to grind it out. Winter will be behind us soon!
          Chip you need to get in the boat with me and Sneeky its almost gone.
          10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
            pick me,pick me.....lol........nice report rockfish
            I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

It was tough on sunday as well I believe when the freeze happened in January we lost alot of mullet which is really the only bait in the bay right now it has kept the trout from eating or comeing into east matagorda.I also know that when the warm air comes to stay it will bring back the shrimp and crabs and shad and whatever else they eat.Fishing will take off and some easy fishing will start to happen as for right now wadeing mud and hopeing for one good bite is the ticket.Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
                Still waiting for the invite again! You tell me when and I will find a way to pull it off!
                sigpic
                Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Working...
                X