Wbay 2.14.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wbay 2.14.10

Slid into a mud/shell mix with an incoming tide around 4:30 yesterday afternoon. Haven't fished much lately due to weather and work so I was amped as I stomped out a quarter mile walk to the spot I thought might have a trout or red or two.

Was set up where I wanted to be about 10 til 5, up current over a scattered shell ledge...thowing a tout to cover water I watch pelicans diving in the distance and the occasional mullet break the surface. The winds were light, the air was warm, the water was green and I could see the front way off in the distance...

I got one bump on the tout and switched to a pearl/ch corky devil, and on the first cast lost a nice fish; always bad juju on the first cast. After I missed 2 more hits on the devil in about the next 15 minutes I switch to a pink FB. Had 3 taps on the FB but nothing came close to sticking, It was now around 6pm and I switched to a pearl/ch original corky w/ gold sides. Around 6:15 I stuck a nice fish, the hit was solid, and on a long pause, 21 inches for the grease. About 10 minutes later another solid tap, this trout came up on top and shook its head for about 10 yds across the top of the water, then ripped off some drag, 20 inches and a good fight on the stringer. Both fish were solid in the 3lb range.

Walked out in light rain around 6:45, the wind hadn't shifted north but I could see lightening down toward Chocolate Bay. By the time I got back to LC the temp had dropped 10 degrees and the wind was 20+ from the north. I'm glad it waited until I got home.
    Attached Files

great report. Thanks OR19.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Now that is a great pre-front fishing report.

Comment

sweeeet !!! nice report
        Captain Glenn Stevens
        Coastal Guide Service
        www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

good report thanks
          MANVEL MOB

Comment

Nice report thanks.

Comment

Great report!!
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice report, thanks for posting.

Wish i could have been out there yesterday afternoon.
                "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Yesterday afternoon

Originally posted by GHSmacker View Post
                  Nice report, thanks for posting.

Wish i could have been out there yesterday afternoon.
                  It was nice, almost warm...it did take 2 dozen roses to get the late afternoon pass, I guess those trout cost $17.99 a piece!!!!!

Comment

Great report!

Comment

Very nice report! WTG
                      sigpic
                      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

great report! way to stick it out

Comment

nice report, good going out there.
                          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Nice report! Keep em coming!
                            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

4:30 is when we got back to the boat ramp with nada in the boat glad it turned on for somebody.....keep'em coming
                              I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Working...
                              X