Pretty Good Trip This Afternoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty Good Trip This Afternoon

Went out this afternoon, didnt get on the water until about 2. I was waiting on my buddies who ended up backing out so I went solo.

Well, as soon as I showed up to 2004 ramp, it started raining. I said screw it, I am going anyways. Left the ramp in a slight rain, saw some birds working so I stopped an caught a few small sandies. Decided to move on. Went up New Bayou to try to catch some bait for some flatties. Fished the mouth a bit, then decided to wade. Jumped out and started working my way west. The rain had stopped now, and I got about 200 yards from the boat with nothing. I looked behine me and saw some birds working about 75 yards form me, so moved towards them within casting distance. Then BAM!! First cast and a strike. It was a dink speck, but I kept after it. After about 3 dinks, I looked up and the brids were gone, but luckily the fish were still there crashing bait all over the surface. Hooked a nice 20" Red. Then I switched to a Black/Chart Head Skitterwalk and first cast had a keeper trout. This went on and about every cast or everyother cast I had a fish on, some small some keepers. It was getting dark and I had a LONG walk back to the boat, so I left them there still feeding. All fish were released since my freezer is stocked up good for now. I had a great time and am heading back out tomorrow.

After all was said and done, I proably caught about 30 specks, 1 red, and 5-8 sandies. Everyone at the ramp had very similar reports. Chocolate Bayou/Bay is hot right now.

M.M.
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Can't beat that...good job!
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Nice job Matt. I've never fished Chocolate before. We'll have to hook up sometime so you can show me around.
      I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Will do 007, I know it is is overdue thanks to me. We will work something out. When the temps drop those fish move on up the bayou and it isnt bad fishing, plus it is pretty well protected from the winter winds.
        "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Working...
        X