2010 Lutes Marine Chocolate tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Lutes Marine Chocolate tournament

Lutes Marine tournaments on Chocolate Bayou, will again raise money for Sea Center Texas for Flounder restocking.

With all the good that we did last year, I expect some more press at the weigh-in this year. Don't be surprised to see TV cameras and press coming out to see all the action.

-The 4 cash tournaments will have a points system

It will be very important for you to weigh-in all your catch to get as many points as possible

-No reschedules due to weather

-Categories will vary - of course we will be helping out the flounder

-Point system will be explained closer to the 1st tournament, but similar to last year.

April 24th
    June 12th

BREAK for summer fun

September 11th
    October 23rd

And an invitational / possible rain-out reschedule date of

November 13th - If there is a rain out this will be the last tournament, if no rain out, this will become the invitational date for the top 15 fisherman in the point’s standings and trophy’s.

Details explained at the roll out of the points system.
    FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Bryan great news, I want to have FWE members helping with the weigh-in. I'm going to try and make every event this year except for June 12. I will be at Caddo Lake for the weekend.

Anyone willing to help out and work these events please get with me or Bryan. FWE shirts, koozies & stickers will be given to those that help participate. I'd like for us to be well represented there.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

This Past year Fisher_of_men was a big help .... he would drive all the way over just to help with the weigh-in ....

Any help from FWE anglers is greatly appreciated ..... wearing your gear will be cool too, as I expect TPWD to be there with video / TV crews
      FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

I may be able to help y'all out...i'll know more when it gets closer though.

WEA...Muddy Graw?
        "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Can't make the April 24 th due to work but i will fish the rest of them , looking forward to it.

Comment

Hey Guys,

I will do my best to help out this year again. For those newbies wanting to learn to fish Chocolate, this is the place to be. Help out and meet all the "Experts" of Chocolate Bay.
            There was some really great fish caught last year..

See ya at the scales....
            "Buy a Fish, Feed Yourself... Buy a Fishing License, Feed a Whole Community..."
            "The Fish You Catch, Tastes Better, than the One You Bought..."

Comment

Originally posted by GHSmacker View Post
              I may be able to help y'all out...i'll know more when it gets closer though.

WEA...Muddy Graw?
              Lake Caddo Run...

Muddy Gras is in July this year... I might have to attend that as well as the Gator-Tail Customer Appreciation weekend...
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I'll be on the tug June 12.Should be making all the rest.

Comment

I like the idea of the getting points for each tournament and having an end of the year tournament, but not everyone can fish every tournament. Like Fuzzy, I'm also working on June 12th. Maybe you can take your best three tournaments for your overall points.

Comment

Donna and I will be fishing these tourny this year. Thanks again for all your efforts Bryan. Looking forward to meeting you some day.
                    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_A View Post
                      I like the idea of the getting points for each tournament and having an end of the year tournament, but not everyone can fish every tournament. Like Fuzzy, I'm also working on June 12th. Maybe you can take your best three tournaments for your overall points.
                      The way the points are set up, even if you miss one you are still in the mix

Reason is, the catagories are not always about big fish, there are all kinds of catagories, where luck plays a big part.

These tournaments are not as serious as others, and we encourage guys to take their kids and wives.

What we want each fisherman to take away is fishing is fun, and meant to be enjoyed by everyone .... and you never know when you will catch a winner
                      FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

How are the points going to be tallied in a Black Jack style format?

Thanks!

Comment

Generally in that catagory, closest to the 21" mark is 1st, tie decided by person who brings theirs in first. Anything over does not qualify.
                          FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

do we have to launch at lutes or can we drive to the weigh in?
                            michelle

Comment

No, You don't have to launch at Lute's (Although it is a great Facility, and only about 5 minutes from 2004 bridge) You can launch at 2004..

Hope this helps..
                              "Buy a Fish, Feed Yourself... Buy a Fishing License, Feed a Whole Community..."
                              "The Fish You Catch, Tastes Better, than the One You Bought..."

Comment

Working...
                              X