Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11/13/08

short report

Left 2004 at 5am and headed into West Bay. The wind was a bit more than I expected but thats part of it! Started off on open shell where the bite was a tough one. We scratched out two trout to 18" and that was it. Moved over to a cove next where there was plenty of surface bait, but no bite. I had 2 or 3 short strikes on a topwater but just couldn't get'em to eat it. Moved into Chocolate next to try and find some protected waters out of the wind. One area near New Bayou had some very good water with lots of bait. We hit 7 or 8 Trout to 21" here on tops on baby spook super spook jrs and black/char She Dogs. Called it a day a 130pm. All in all it was a very tough morning bite, the better bite was definatly after 11 for me.

Chocolate report
    The water is very fishable in Chocolate right now. The winds definatly roughed up the bay and there is a fresh water layer on top. Still seeing alot of Flounder close to the shorelines along with some Reds.

West Bay
    water is holding in good shape too considering all the wind we been having. One of the coves I fished yesterday had 3' of visibility. The mid bay reef I fished still had about 2'. That will all change tomorrow with a forecasted 30 mph wind.
    AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Good report. I must have just missed you at the ramp, I got there about 2. I had a pretty good day at chocolate too. They loved my black.char head skitterwalk. See you out there.

M.M.
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Were you in the white dodge?

AQUA PIMP
      AQUA PIMP......

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Yessir, a big loud white dodge.
        "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

O Ok..... I was getting into the Tundra right next to you. I was riding with a freind of mine in the Haynie.

AQUA PIMP
          AQUA PIMP......

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Slap him next time AP.... Pimpin Aint EZ
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Is that called a "Pimp Slap"?

Comment

Gotta keep your pimp hand strong...
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Yeah I saw you, thought you might be getting off the water about then, but saw the Haynie and didnt think it was you. I was the idiot at the ramp that day,my trailer was almost sideways on the ramp, it started raining, I slipped and fell in the water. Yes, I was THAT guy yesterday.

Semper Fi!

Comment

Originally posted by majek_maniac View Post
                    Yeah I saw you, thought you might be getting off the water about then, but saw the Haynie and didnt think it was you. I was the idiot at the ramp that day,my trailer was almost sideways on the ramp, it started raining, I slipped and fell in the water. Yes, I was THAT guy yesterday.

I hate it when that happens.
                    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Good report...we had sort of the same day in Trinity. Did manage 2 decent trout on my pink Fatboy, a 18"and a 20", but all others came from either birds or drifting busting bait on sand eels glow/chart or margarita. Total was 15 and 1 red and off the water by 13:00. no TW bites but we didn'ttry. I'm ready to start looking for some big trout....I'm done with this bird BS.
                      Don't be a Nancy!
                      If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Working...
                      X