Haynie Owners Tournament - ArtiFISHals Fish Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haynie Owners Tournament - ArtiFISHals Fish Team

Saw that it has been a while since there was a fishing report on here. Gonna try to post on here more often since I get to fish the ULM several different times throughout the year.

Went down to fish the Upper Laguna Madre this past weekend (9/4-7/19) for the 2019 Haynie Owners Tourney. Some of the nicest conditions I've been fortunate to fish down there in a long time. Pre-fished for the tournament on Thursday & Friday. Caught some solid fish. Several CPR trout over 25", mostly drifting just to cover more ground faster & test drift potential wading spots for Saturday morning.

Thursday morning we had rain until noon. Caught decent fish all the way down to Rocky Slough. Trout were picky on Thursday as they only wanted 3" gulp in natural color. Caught trout up to 20" along with tons of dinks. Reds were tough to find with no luck. All drifting.

Friday was pretty awesome. Early rise to the fishing grounds. Trout ate pretty much anything from Kelly Wiggler ball tail shad, DSL, gulp & Brown Lure Big Eyes. Reds were pickier & mostly undersize, they only wanted MirroLure Lil John. Good trout up to 25" CPR. Left them biting mid-afternoon.

Saturday was absolute perfect conditions. Up super early to very little to no wind, good water movement. Boated all the way south to Baffin & staged up on a submerged spoil south of the mouth. Bait everywhere, best bait was Kelly Wiggler ball tail shad, but the trout are pretty much whatever we threw. Plenty of trout but no reds. Tide slowed around 11 along with the bite. Started working our way back North fishing along the way. Had to be in the weigh line with our stringer by 4. Stopped at a few spots along the way to dink only bite. Hit a grass line that produced a 27.5" redfish (whew) plus a 21.5" trout all caught on KW ball tail shad. Official "HOT" spot now since it produced tourney fish 2 years in a row. Got off the water around 2:45 & flew low to Aransas Pass from North Padre Isleand with 6 minutes to spare to weigh in 15.08 lbs. We're not sure what we placed but we were within 5lbs of heaviest stringer. Hard to compete with the live bait guys, but we had a blast doing it.

Sunday was a windy mess & we went out around 5:30pm. Fishing was tough, but we each managed to put a keeper trout in the box, all caught on something different. Another awesome weekend in the ULM

Looking forward to next year's tourney.

Nice report, B. Sounds like you guys had a blast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
      Nice report, B. Sounds like you guys had a blast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      No doubt.

Comment

Thanks for the report. Definitely sounds like a good time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X