Wbay 2.18.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wbay 2.18.10

Walked in late, around 5 pm, lots of waders/yakkers, most leaving about the time I walked in...stay till dark if you can this time of year, there is almost always a flurry from about 30 minutes before sunset until about 30 minutes after dark.

Set up on a spot around 5:30, chunking a C2000, ch/gold sides, the lure that got me to switch to artificials back around 2003. Wind was e/se around 10, water was green but not too clear, salad is starting to show but not to bad, water level was still a little low, but tide was starting to flood.

Water was still cold, as evidenced by the bite, slow, slow, slow, and all after pauses of probably 10 seconds or more. Its hard for me to fish that slow, seems like it takes 5 minutes to reel in a long cast. Probably missed about half a dozen taps; the 3 keepers I caught just sucked in the bait, you didn't really feel the hit, but just knew the line felt different, took up the slack and they were there. All 3 fish were on the short end, 15-17 and released to swim another day. 1 keeper on the C2000 and 2 on an original corky. Walked out at 7.

Not much bait at all, I think the mullet are stacking back in the coves, it should be good this weekend as the water levels rise, if you can find some undisturbed water, and the weather continues to warm...hopefully can get out Sat/Sun in the boat and do some wading.

Did snap a pic of a West Bay sunset a little after 6.
    Attached Files

Way to get out and nice pic!

Comment

55 degrees right now with East wind 20-30 mph. Hopefully it will drop this afternoon and tonight or come more SE in the morning.
      "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Wind

That wind has cranked up...should be filling up the bay, and the pressure is dropping...

Why is it my life revolves around thinking about when I can fish next!!! I may have to walk in tonight, not sure if I can get a pass this evening!

Comment

nice job,congrats
          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

way to go
            the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Now that is a good detailed report! Thanks for sharing, can't wait to hit the water soon. All work and no play the last few weeks!
              LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Working...
              X