KOA Camp at SLP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KOA Camp at SLP

With the EXTREMELY LOW tide yesterday we discovered 2 picnic tables in the main channel. One you can probably clear on a normal tide but, I caught the other one and stood it up with my motor. It's about 40' straight out from the south side of the ramp. Right in the way.
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

dang! We need to clear those out on the next low tide day...
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I counted 8 of them this morning. Yes 8 of them. 6 in the middle of the dadgum channel. No problem clearing them on a regular tide. I've been hitting a bump now and then when low in the water with big loads of lumber. Now we know what the bumps are. I think it'll take a coupla guys on land and a couple in a boat to get it done proper. 2 ropes 30 feet long perhaps.
      From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Did you see the closest one to the ramp that I uprighted?
        I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

I noted that one as I drove up. I said to Glenn, "I think that's Mike's picnic table." He said, "Huh?"
          From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

It was an adventure no doubt.Thanks for letting me tag along 007.
            NK
            Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Planning to make an effort to pull some of these out on Sunday. Wish me luck.

Comment

Coach- Call me on your way down I'll head over there to help you out... I'm in Pirates this weekend...
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I'll give you a holler. If you can lay your hands on at least a 100 foot rope, that would be great. Of course it will have to be low tide to locate them. I have to check the tides.

Comment

I got 250 feet of rope lent to me this morning. Those tables are toast.

Comment

Why do you need such a long peice of rope?
                      "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

pullin' 'em out with da truck.

Comment

Well, we didn't get the tables out. The tide was too high to locate them. Next trip we'll try again.

Comment

Looks like someone took care of all but 2 of the tables. Next weekend's low tides will tell though.

Comment

Alright, There is still one table in the channel. As you near leave the dock, it is on a 45 degree bearing from the twin pilings on the left, about 15-20 yards out. I bumped it at low tide, but couldn't get a handle on it. The other one that's still there is out of the channel, so it's not much of a hazard.

Comment

Working...
                              X