Flounder Restocking Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flounder Restocking Event

The flounder event went well. When I first arrived half past 11, I met with MuddSkipper who informed me that an angler had already brought in a limit of live flounder earlier that morning to help the restocking efforts. He was not in the tournament but what a great way to start the day. Anglers brought live flounder steadily from 2pm til 3pm. Some nice size reds and trout were also caught given the harsh conditions Saturday presented. Winds were steady at 20-25MPH and the water was quickly exiting the bays.

Flounder Pounder . NET was there displaying there line of products and conducting demonstrations. I bought a few and also met with the owner during the awards ceremony. I highly suggest you check out there gear at www.flounderpounder.net

The trophies were made by Roy Perry who was there displaying his work. If you'd like to get Roy's contact info PM me. I grabbed a shot of some of his work.

Many anglers brought in live flounder and we ended up supplying Sea Center in Lake Jackson with 26 live Flounder to be used in the restocking program. I want to say thanks to MuddSkipper for allowing us to provide members to help and assist in this event.

Special thanks to Nokatchin, 007, Leeward, Beach Bum Bailey, John Galt, MilkJug & his girlfriend, and finally Jocues & his son for coming out and supporting the club and helping where needed. It was a pleasure seeing most of you again and meeting those for the first time.

Chester Moore was also there and we got a photo with him. He has done so much to help with the flounder program and a big thanks to him!

Thanks again for all of your support!

Coe-
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

good job guys, i bet it was hard with that wind kickin..
    Boats and hoes.

Comment

The wind sucked where I was fishing and the low tides made for next to impossible fishing but, it was still a good day. It was good to meet everyone else finally. I would have to say that 26 fish in these conditions was pretty darn good and a big kudos to Coe for bringing all of us together for this event.
      I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Good job guys!!!!!!! looks like Fish West End represented very well.

AQUA PIMP
        AQUA PIMP......
        "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Thanks to all of you for helping out, the guys who fish the tourney on a regular basis, along with the marina owner and staff were really impressed.....

Also, a big thank you to Capt Greg Francis for donating the trip for the flounder program.......
          FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

26 is an outstanding number given the wind and all....good job! Sux because I was really wanting to help with this one, but family problems come first. Maybe next time.
            Don't be a Nancy!
            If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Email from Sea Center

Bryan and Chester

The staff and I want to thank you for your efforts to help our southern flounder program at the Sea Center Texas. Twenty-five of the twenty-six donated yesterday are alive and well.

The flounder look great and we've already take steps to introduced them into our spawning tanks with our other Galveston flounder. We'll keep in touch and let you know how "your fish" help with our flounder program. Thanks again

David Abrego
              Facility Director
              Sea Center Texas
              300 Medical Drive
              Lake Jackson, Texas, 77566
              FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Note from Chester Moore

To everyone that participated in the Sabine and Galveston flounder roundups here's a huge "thank you". To Bryan /Muddskipper for his passion and organizational skills, to everyone at Lute's Marine for offering a facility, to David Abrego and Shane Bonnot from Sea Center for their willingness to make these events happen and to Chris Bean from Bean's Fleet for hosting the Sabine event. A special thanks goes to all of the anglers like Jason Fregia and others who took the time to bring in so many flounder and to the anglers who simply went out and tried. We are at the beginning of what I believe is a bright future for the Texas flounder fishery. We are about to enter a year of controversy with regulation proposals, but none of us, myself included, should take our eye off the resource and for the great pleasure it brings so many of us. That should be the core of all decisions. Seeing anglers come together to help make a flounder stocking program a reality is a personal dream come true and shows that when it comes to true conservation the anglers of Texas are tops. This has all been a long time coming but we are my fishing friends about to enter into a new era of inland saltwater fishing when the "Big 3" (reds, specks and flounder) will be on a more even playing field and the ingenuity of science will contribute to flounder stock enhancement. We're not at the top of the mountain yet but for the first time it is visible and it inspires me to work harder to see this flounder recovery thing through. All of you should pat yourselves on the back for being true conservationists and for coming together for a common cause. Let's save the southern flounder.

God bless,
                Chester Moore
                Executive Editor
                Texas Fish & Game
                FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Bryan, can you provide me in a PM with Chester's e-mail. I wanted to get with him abouto adding a donations button that would directly go to the Sea Center etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Muddskipper View Post
                    Bryan and Chester

The staff and I want to thank you for your efforts to help our southern flounder program at the Sea Center Texas. Twenty-five of the twenty-six donated yesterday are alive and well.

The flounder look great and we've already take steps to introduced them into our spawning tanks with our other Galveston flounder. We'll keep in touch and let you know how "your fish" help with our flounder program. Thanks again

David Abrego
                    Facility Director
                    Sea Center Texas
                    300 Medical Drive
                    Lake Jackson, Texas, 77566
                    One was iffy on if it was going to make it the Angler admitted that but we tried to save it anyways... Glad the 25 others are doing good and made the bumpy ride back to their new home

Comment

This is good stuff and I wish I could had been a participant.
                      Dang work and injuries!
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
                      Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Man I missed it! Went out hunting that morning but and ended up having to take my buddy back to his place and by the time all that was done, it was almost three. Sorry I didnt make it out guys to help out and meet everyone. We'll get together soon though. Great job guys, the wind was HOWLING on sat.

M.M.
                        "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Made the Galveston Daily News Reel Report

Comment

Our news flash... http://www.fishwestend.com/index.php...d=90&Itemid=54

Comment

The news flash write up and pic is sure better than the one in the post office LOL
                              NK
                              Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Working...
                              X