jack plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jack plate

what kind of jack plate does everyone have on their boat, how long have you had it and what kind of problems if any have you had..? my brother has a Powerlift that is about 3 years old and the motor went out on it.. guy at the repair place said motor's on the Powerlift usually last only 2 years..?? first ive heard of that which sounds like bs to me..
    Boats and hoes.

I wish I had one on mine!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post
      what kind of jack plate does everyone have on their boat, how long have you had it and what kind of problems if any have you had..? my brother has a Powerlift that is about 3 years old and the motor went out on it.. guy at the repair place said motor's on the Powerlift usually last only 2 years..?? first ive heard of that which sounds like bs to me..

That guy is a dumb well you get the picture. i have 2 at our shop that are 10years old that work just fine. You need to make sure its not bad relays or a fuse or the 40 amp breaker.

Comment

BOB'S..... that is what the dealership recommended when I bought my boat in 2005. I've had no problems.... I know absolutely nothing more about jackplates other than that. LOL Good luck !!
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
          I wish I had one on mine!

You can use mine..... let me know a Friday or Saturday to head out.
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I try not to fish on weekends......Ther are too many people on MY spots.....lol. We will hook up sometime Henry!
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

I'm jealous you can fish during the week. Maybe a Friday , I'll give you a sedative to cope... or if I play hooky another day.

Comment

Fridays are almost impossible......busy days and I usually pick up my daughter in Cypress. Maybe a Sunday sometime.
                sigpic

Comment

I've had both Bob's and CMC. Never had a probem with either, but given a choice, I would choose the CMC high speed because the hydraulics are self contained and you don't have to grease it every 3 or 4 months.
                  Honk if you love Jesus.
                  Text while driving if you want to meet him.

Comment

Go to the CMC website and down load the owners manual. Go through the trouble shooting section. I don't think the motor went out in 3years.

They electrical harness are crappy and relays go bad a lot.

Check all the electric
                    check the oil,
                    sometime it get air in the motor and acts up and you have to burp it

Comment

I've got a CMC jackplate that hasn't worked since I bought the boat. Wish I could afford a new one or even a good used one. It is stuck in the max up position but I would like for it to be even higher. I have a Bob's low water pickup on my engine and using the tilt controls I can run very shallow.
                      Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Comment

I had a CMC on my boat and the pump died very quickly too, now I have a Bob's and haven't had a problem since. I don't know if it is because of all the heat/humidity here in FL, but I think that having a electric motor sitting in the water is asking for problems no matter what.

Bob's all the way for now on for me They also give a lifetime warranty on their jack plate

Comment

CMC. No troubles in four years, but it is slow.
                          "Never tell me the odds"-Han Solo

Comment

CMC I think with integral motor, eight years and no problem except a few relays. It is slow but then I don't change it constantly.
                            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Bob's - about 2.5 years no problems. I couldn't imagine not having a jack plate on my bay boat after I have had one. Of course I ran for 20 years without one also.

Comment

Working...
                              X