Where to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to go

I have two par 64 lights that i been wanting to use but i dont know where to go night fishing at in the winter. if anybody knows any good spots please let me know.

I know a few spots, but you'll have to invite me too

Comment

Flood gates going in to Moses should be good. Deep channel with bank access.

Comment

Thats cool with me milkjug.. you can tag along. im planning on going tomorrow night... where are these special spots at lol

Comment

Hey thanks, I might be able to make it out for a bit.

Honestly, I'm not sure where a good spot in the Winter is. Light fishing starts getting notably good in a month or two when bait starts coming into the bays in good amounts.

Moses Lake is a good spot, as mentioned.

I think the channel is a good spot. E. end of Seawall has some rocks to the N. There is a dropoff that runs diagonal, and the "sweet spot" is about 30 yards from where the trail comes down to the rocks.

One of my friends goes to TAMUG, and we could fish over by their ship off the beach, if he comes with us.

S. Jetty is where I am thinking... They dredged a lot of sand from the channel side, and it is flat-topped for a while and easy access. Post up as far as you can walk out near the washover, and you have deep water, and some current (although the surf will likely be down, so maybe no washover). I know there are specks in that area for sure.

Comment

well do you know anywhere we could go where it wont be a struggle to put all the lights and generater?

Comment

That's all I got for now. I have more spots, but they are actually more work.

Freeport jetties are easy access with parking nearby.

S. Jetty really isn't that bad. Drive up to it, drop of gear, go park, and fire 'em up.

Only a 100 yard walk or so.

Comment

Well, how'd ya do? If you ain't gonna thank me, you can at least post a report.

Comment

lol i didnt end up going. if i had gone i would of told you =)

Comment

The fishing here at TAMUG has been ok. We absolutely slayed em under the lights last fall.

Comment

Working...
                    X