Baffin Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baffin Report

We arrived at Bluff’s Landing late Wednesday afternoon and motored with gear all the way down the ICW to one of the last small spoil islands just east of Baffin. My friend has a very cool cabin powered by a commercial diesel generator. Grilled steaks, poured toddies and watched the sun go down over the Laguna. First morning the wind was blowing from the south about 20 and getting worse. Bait right now in Baffin is fairly scarce due to the recent cold. Water temperature was around 50 degrees. Most of the bait we found was in deeper water, so all the wades were usually chest deep. That day we caught 8 or 9 trout and 3 reds. Trout were up to 25” (all released). That night the winds shut down, and the temperatures climbed. We only had a half day on Friday, so we had to make our first spot count. It is one of my favorite spots and always holds big trout. Twice that morning I lost two very big trout. The biggest one broke my line at the leader. There was a 30 minute window when all of us were hooking up. After I lost my big trout Brian lands a solid 5.6 lb fish. Not sure how many fish we caught, but all of them were released. We were throwing Corkies, Devil Eyes & Bass Assassins. Soon after the first wade the winds shifted north and started howling as the approaching front beared down on us. Tried to make a few more wades, but decided to head back.

NICE ,Glad your having fun ,Man i love it down there,nice pics!
    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Nice work, I am headed back in two weeks again with Jesse

Comment

Nice!! Thanks for the report!
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Nice trout!!

Comment

WTG Albert! Glad you and Brian got some big girls!
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice job. I'm heading down Wednesday morning.
              A Little deeper in debt.

Comment

Nice ....things are really heating up down there. Been hearing some real good reports. Glad you had some of it Albert!
                Don't be a Nancy!
                If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Good report and nice pics
                  "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Nice job Albert thanks for the report...
                    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Thanks for the repot MW! what a place to stay too!
                      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Great to hear that some fish are being caught on the front end. Nice pics and report. I got an invite from Captain Black and Sally Moffet to come visit, and since I have a seminar in Rockport begining of April, I think that I'm going to have to make the effort. They want to do some video work and I can't help but think that it would be outrageously fun to fish with the two of them. Let you know if I get there...
                        http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

nice report and great pics.i miss it down there
                          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

nice pics!
                            the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Very nice albert
                              Captain Glenn Stevens
                              Coastal Guide Service
                              www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Working...
                              X